We stayed for two nights at the Boardwalk Villas in June 2009. We booked a standard studio room. When we arrived it was raining so we just did the valet parking. Check in was fast and our room was ready. We were on a high floor facing the Luna Park Pool. The pool was open to midnight, so it was a bit noisy until midnight. We also had a view of Hollywood Studios. Our room was in the building with the Boardwalk Villas side and the walk from the elevator was long.
The room itself was nice. It could sleep two adults and two small children. The only problem is that we had a connecting door to the one-bedroom condo (I think) and when they came in at 2 a.m. they woke us the first night. They supply paper plates and bowls along with plastic silverware. Small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker dish towel and dish soap. We were only eating breakfast in the room and going out to dinner so we did not need to cook. Nice big vanity area, bathroom was kind of on the small side. Little foyer in the entrance (which was great for leaving your keys and such), closet next to the vanity, long but narrow. The room is starting to show its age a little, but that is okay because we like the convenience of staying at one of the Disney Resorts. No DVD player in the studios and the TV was old. Bed was comfortable and so was the sofa to sit and read on or watch TV. Cute little balcony, we watched the people below while were enjoying a couple of glasses of wine. There was a list of prices for extra things and I was a little confused about it, maybe it was for people that are DVC owners or people staying longer, but there were some extra charges such as extra cleaning, towels and such. We had our room cleaned during our stay and new towels (which we did not ask for) and no extra charge. Internet is extra for non DVC members (which we are not).
Now to the resort! We took the shuttle boat over to Hollywood Studios and enjoyed the ride (we have stayed at the Dolphin and Swan and love the boat ride to Epcot and HS). Transportation to the other parks was by bus, which we did not do so I can not comment on them. We ate at Spoodles and Flying Fish Café; I highly recommend both of them (make sure to make your reservations). There is a small general store on the boardwalk where you can purchase things for the villa. We stopped into the Belle Vue Lounge for drinks before dinner one night, cute little bar. Since we were staying at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time, we decided to go spend the night at Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance. Jellyrolls have a cover, but Atlantic Dance is free. We had a blast at both places.
As for the pool, we never got to use it because by the time we got back from HS it was raining, but it looks like fun. There is a quiet pool around the corner from the activity center.
Next time we are going to rent bikes. We just really enjoyed the old Atlantic City feeling of the boardwalk with games, yummy desserts and nightly entertainment. Don’t forget that the ESPN zone is there for watching your sports (we did that during the playoffs in January, but get there early for football games so you can get a table around the bar area).
We also did the character breakfast dining at the Cape May which was great. Minnie, Donald and Goofy were dressed in old fashion bathing suits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Timeless elegance meets old-fashioned charm at this waterfront Resort hotel. Delight in saltwater taffy-colored cottages, private courtyards and picturesque gardens-plus the ragtime sounds and carnival pastimes of the exciting Coney Island-style boardwalk. Reminiscent of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City, Disney's BoardWalk Villas is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Villas Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disney Boardwalk Villas
- Disney's BoardWalk Villas Orlando, Florida