“A little Too Commercial”

Holy Land Experience
The Holy Land Experience Admission Tickets
Ranked #93 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Holy Land Experience is designed to show visitors what it was like to live in the time of Jesus Christ.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This place is beautiful and the staff was very friendly, and they offered chick-filet for lunch. All pluses, but overall I thought it was a little dry and gimicky for the amount of money I spent. I also dont appreciate that there is a "Jesus Character" who walks around. The best thing to do is the Scriptorium (although it is long and also can get a little dry after a while---but I loved seeing ancient texts and first Bibles) and the plays are also nice. HOWEVER, I grew up seeing plays at Sight and Sound in Lancaster, PA, so I couldnt help compare...and THIS DOESNT COMPARE.

The Jesus character bothered me the most....

7  Thank Lisa J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"lord"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a peaceful, comfortable visit to the Holy Land Experience. The grounds are beautiful and serene. Great place for pictures. There are lots of great areas to visit, the ones I highly recommend is: The sanctuary (tabernacle) explanation, wax figure scenes, and the drama about the 4 women and why they love Him. There is a great miniature replica of Jerusalem inside the main store after you go through the wax sceneries. They didn't have any authentic Jewish music which was something I was looking for. One thing I didn't like is the main workers, in costume, try to get the visitors who are walking around enjoying the place into all the dramas held in the temple of all nations. They don't force you but we already have a map and schedule and it would be nice if they left it up to you to decide whether you want to go or not. This was my second visit because I wanted someone I was with to see it but I probably won't return for a while unless it's to take another person who hasn't seen it. They have done a great job with beautifying the place, replicating Bible events, and bible story dramas. I think the cost is reasonable, $45 a person. But, they shouldn't go up more than that or it won't be worth it.

6  Thank Elena J
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Having Catholic relatives, I was concerned when I read two reviews that indicated the. Holy Land Experience was anti-Catholic. We saw nothing anti-Catholic anywhere, this attraction is totally Catholic and family friendly. In the passion play, as well as other plays that depicted Jesus being brought before the Sanhedrin, the religious leaders who condemned Jesus were dressed in their high priest robes. It was clearly shown that these leaders condemning Jesus were filled with pride and wanting to have the praises of men. But the high priest certainly wasn't Catholic! We were pleased to see many Catholic works of art throughout. This experience was truly life changing. I recommend it for Catholics, Protestants, and non-religious alike.

12  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My first impression was one of being a bit overwhelmed with the overall design and its magnificence. However, once I relaxed and absorbed its purpose and the opportunity to see pictorially what life could have possibly been like during the time of Jesus. The short vignettes in the theater, the performances and costuming were well done. The day I attended I did enjoy the minister's sermon. I was in a state of grief over the passing of a loved one, and that day, my spirits were lifted.
As I walked along the path, there were areas for silent prayer and reflection. While there are gift shops and much to buy and eat, etc., it is not a theme park with rides, and the like. It is a place for those who want to feel a sense of the Holy Land in minutia proportion.

7  Thank idaw155
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently visited Orlando for something other than going to the parks in that city. However, I ended up going to a place that I have never even heard about it before. It's called the Holy Land Experience. I must admit that I was curious to see what this place was all about. I turned to my faithful i-phone companion and did some quick research on this place. I have to say that my curiosity got the best of me and voila I ended up buying four tickets.

Just a little advice, there are no tickets online. One must actually purchase them at the venue. Even though a sunny day suddenly became a gloomy afternoon with thunderstorms, it did not deter us from going in and checking this place out. The attention to detail they have for some of the exhibitions is truly amazing. I was mostly impressed with the performances by the actors on the different plays. The scenography, the music, the drama and acting was out of this world. Whether or not one is into religion, this place is worth checking out.

8  Thank jordi4_12