“Time to Reflect”

Holy Land Experience
Ranked #72 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Holy Land Experience is designed to show visitors what it was like to live in the time of Jesus Christ.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 17 May 2014

You are going to have to experience the Holy Land for yourself and make a determination for yourself. It is worth the money. Just relax, have no other plans and you will enjoy the entire park and learn a lot.

7  Thank Ralph I

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? I brought a group of high schoolers on a field trip. All Christians. This place has no majesty, your spirit will not be moved, and you will leave feeling sad, disappointed, and bewildered. The place is over the top cheesy and ornate. You feel like a prisoner- you are locked in to almost all of the shows. Before you can leave you have to have your ticket scanned even if your not returning. The productions while mostly accurate was filled with cheesy jokes and it took the feel of the moment away. At the end of the productions your told that you need to accept Christ now. Felt a little too demanding and over the top. We should share the gospel- not demand people to accept it. God doesnt even do that! We were there for 2 hours including lunch and we left. NOT worth the money. Almost everything ends in a gift shop with overpriced unauthentic junk. HLE seemed like more of a prison out to make a buck.

13  Thank Flmum
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Honestly, I did not have an interest in going to this park. My dad really wanted to go. It was a lot better than what I was anticipating. The productions we watched were very good. There were several things that were really neat, but I hated the gift shops. Most items were extremely cheesy and poor quality. There were many areas in the park that were very cheesy as well. Overall I am glad I went, but I doubt I will return. I feel it's a one time visit type of place.

2  Thank Lakegirpaints
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Pleasant staff. The varying areas which displayed the journey of Jesus. The plays depicting different story lines, which were all interconnected.

1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The small kids section was the only nice part of the experience. It was colorful and pretty. But just for an hour of hanging out with the kids.

I disliked HolyLand Park because;
*cheesy life sized posters of Jesus throughout the park (ex. Jesus on a motorcycle... Really?! Stupid)
*too quiet throughout the place.
*boring

Needs;
*Slow rides throughout park that take you through a Jesus story vs the walk through that you stand 30+ minutes for.
*Interactive teachings instead of dark rooms with displays people didn't read
*Way overpriced. I'd never go here again

Sorry Jesus, but I'm sure you don't want to be displayed on a life sized poster of you on a motorcycle. I don't remember that in the bible.

13  Thank TryNewPlacesBeach