“Average hotel with poor hygeine”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #5 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Parkland, Florida
“Average hotel with poor hygeine”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is a nice hotel from the outside and from the main lobby. However, inside the rooms tells a different story. First of all the inside is definitely dated and in need of updating. The beds are very hard and springy. The sheets were low quality and not pleasent to sleep in.

However, the major problems were with cleanliness. See attached pictures. There was a musty/mildew smell in the room. There were crumbs on the chair, hair stuck to ceiling in the bathroom, hair in the corner of the floor, a long black hair on my wrapped up bath towel which leads me to believe they did not wash the towels used by the previous person. The air vent in the bathroom had not been cleaned in months if not years (again see pictures). I'm glad I only had to stay there one night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank businesstravel76904
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
To BusinessTravel76904,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share some valuable feedback regarding your past stay at our property. I apologize that your experience fell short of the Hampton Standard while staying at our new, up to date modern Hampton when it came to cleanliness of your guestroom. We take all feedback seriously and we have addressed this review with our entire housekeeping team. Our executive housekeeping manager reviewed the importance of inspections and the standard when it comes to servicing a room. We have policies in place when it comes to the maintence and cleanliness in our guestrooms and will strive to see that something like this does not happen again.

I do hope you will return and let us show you we are ranked as one of the top 3 properties on Trip Advisor. If you wish to share additional feedback, I ask that you contact me directly so I can ensure you satisfaction. Thank you again for your feedback and we will grow from this to serve all of our guests better in the future.

407.857.2830

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

The hotel is new, and is up to standard, clean rooms, nice location close to the airport, no airplane noise, love the view on high floors. Everywhere in this hotel is clean.
1 problems, is as a diamond hilton honors member they are rare to upgrade you. I asked at the check in desk, and the manager who is a white short lady, said they were sold out, ha! i looked online and they had over 10 suites available. Bad for business, give the loyal members what hilton promised them.

Otherwise my stay was good!

Room Tip: For the Loyal Diamond and Gold members, check online if they say they are sold out. I will be calli...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KingsKid1983
To KingsKid1983,

Thank you not only for your loyalty to Hilton but to Hampton, we were pleased to see you took a moment to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community! We were glad you found our features were up to standard throughout the property. I did want to apologize that you did not receive a complimentary upgrade at check as they are based on availability and although there may have showed suites available on line it would depend on the room type needed requested at check in. We do our best satisfy all of our Hilton Honors members requests at check in so if I can assist with an upcoming booking for you I would be more than happy to assist you personally.

Once again thank you for your valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The staff was great Ally and Louciiana are the best. HHonors is the only way to go it got us a late check out at no charge. The room was perfect it looked brand new this whole Hotel looks New. We had fun sitting out on the patio at the fire pit last night. Overall a great experience will stay here again. all 5s

Room Tip: just stay here
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
To Gary M,

It was such a pleasure to meet you both and I truly appreciate you taking time to share your wonderful experience with the Trip Advisor community. Thank you for taking a moment to recognize Louciana and myself for our services. We were pleased that you found your room to be perfect and were happy to see you were able to enjoy our fire pit sitting area before heading to Denver. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and request that you contact me directly if I assist with any requests or upcoming reservations.

Alachua, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

While we don't stay in hotels all that often, we have over the years used hotels several times a year. Our stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village a month ago made us feel like we were VIP's. The facilities were excellent! The arrangement of the room was probably our favorite part. The bathroom facilities were up to date and modern including a night light even!!!! We tried to book a room again a couple of weeks ago but they did not have any vacancies. BUT, we have a reservation for this weekend and we are so looking forward to it! Hampton Inn - you have out done yourselves on this location!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience with the Trip Advisor Community! We appreciate the positive feedback regarding our excellent facilities and are so pleased to see that you have stayed with us again after the “by far, the very BEST” title you gave us! I was happy to read your comments regarding our excellent facilities even down to the arrangement of our guestrooms. I do want to apologize that you were not able to stay with when trying recently but were happy to see you are returning back soon! Thank you again and if I can assist in anyway please feel free to contact me directly.

The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great start to our vacation. Had a crack of dawn flight out of MCO, decided to leave the night before staying at the Hampton Inn and use their Park Stay Go service. What a nice experience! Lovely room, wake up call and the shuttle was waiting to take us to MCO. About a 7 minute ride, with drop off in front of our check in area. Return trip was a breeze. Arrived late 10:45 PM. Picked up luggage and called for the shuttle. A brief walk to the first floor and and a few minutes wait and our shuttle was wisking us back to our car. The added bonus is that this Hampton Inn is located so close to the interstate & Florida turnpike that its a breeze to arrive or depart. This was so much easier than using the MCO parking and shuttle service, not to mention less expensive. We would definitely do this again and recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community regarding the park stay and go package we offer for our guests wanting to leave their car with us instead of parking at the airport when departing to the next destination or in this case your vacation! We were delighted to read about the efficiency of our staff and expressing praise when it came to the services provided. We appreciate your recommendations not only on Trip Advisor but your friends and look forward to welcoming back on your next stay!

Again, thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me if I can be any further assistance.

Cleveland, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The beds were the most uncomfortable I have slept in at a hotel in many years. I typically choose Hampton when I choose a Hilton property because the beds are usually very comfortable. These were not - they were like sleeping on the floor. The room was also in the flight path for departing jets, so you could not sleep past 6 or 6:30 if you wanted to. Staff and remainder of hotel were fine, but if you want a good nights sleep I suggest a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank E Capie O
To E Capie O,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community from your past stay at our newly opened Hampton. We understand how important getting a good night’s sleep and we apologize that this stay did not leave you feeling 100% satisfied especially since that is our goal! I can assure that our Cloud 9 Serta beds are brand standards for all of our Hamptons country wide. We opened in August 2012 and all mattresses were brand new during opening so I do apologize about these feeling different compared to other Hampton properties you have stayed at. I can assure you that we have the brand standard Cloud 9 Serta mattress made specifically for all Hampton’s. I do apologize again and ask that if you would like to address this matter further to contact me directly so we can ensure your satisfaction.

Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Arriving late, we were glad that directions from the airport were easy to follow. Despite being so close to the airport, the room was very quiet. The room was also clean and well appointed. Front desk staff was courteous. The complimentary breakfast offered a great selection; plenty to fuel up for a busy day ahead. This location is good for not only air travelers, but also with easy access to The Beachline highway, good if you want to see both Disney and the Space Coast while staying at the same hotel. We plan to stay here again when flying through Orlando.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback shared with the Trip Advisor community! So pleased to see that you found the room to be quiet especially being within 1 mile of the airport. I will be sure to share with the team your compliments regarding breakfast selection and our courteous staff. I am delighted that you found more than just an airport hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip through Orlando! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist in any way.