Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #5 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
St. John's
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed for one night mid-February and I have to say this was a great hotel.

The top points:

The room was large, spacious and clean. I was extremely happy with it.

I loved the "Suite Shop"! It had small traveller size wines and other small cocktail drinks as well as a wide rang of snack and nibbles. The prices would be what you would expect in a hotel, but I don't think anything was outrageously priced.

There are lots of dining options all within short walking distances, which is a nice convenience.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, from check-in to check out and the shuttle driver who brought me to the airport the following day.

If I find myself in the Orlando airport area again, I would stay here in a heartbeat and would recommend to stay here to all my friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for writing such a great review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. I am so excited we were able to make such an impact on a 1 night stay providing you with a spacious and clean guestroom. I also want to say thank you for your compliments regarding our 24 hour “Suite Shop” as all of my guest services team take pride in making sure there are plenty of choices for all of our guests! I am glad the Gateway Village location offered many dining options within steps of our front door. Thank you for your compliments regarding our friendly and helpful staff and we are truly excited that when you return to Orlando we would be your first choice and are grateful that you will let your family and friends know just how awesome we are! Thank you again for your feedback and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A better than average new constriction Hampton in a nice plaza with Carrabba's, Longhorn Steakhouse, Bonefish Grill. Rooms spotless and big, air conditioner works great in Florida sun, fast wifi, friendly front desk staff.

However, the two negatives.
Every time a plane takes off on certain MCO runways, you can hear it, and feel like you are standing behind a jet engine ... it shakes the room.

Went down for breakfast at 9am and while plenty of food left, the garbage cans were all overflowing.

Would I return? For the right rate, yes, but I'd request a room on the other side (not facing restaurants)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank for writing a review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience. I would like to apologize first and foremost for you not being 100% satisfied with your stay as that is always our #1 goal. Being that we are an airport property unfortunately there are times where there is outside noise from the planes that we are unable to control, I do want to apologize regarding the over flow of trash in the lobby as that is not acceptable and I will be sure to follow with our team regarding this. I am glad to see you that you would return even with the negative feedback that you shared. We are delighted that you found our Hampton better than average and we do look forward to your return the next time you are in Orlando! Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

While the Hampton style is distinctly dated & middle of the road, they are good value, with great beds & an excellent breakfast. At their price point I think this is hard to beat, plus this hotel is an easy 5 minute drive north from the airport terminal. V easy to find even after a transatlantic flight & the rigours if picking up that hire car! Plenty of free parking & efficient staff, with a small shop behind reception for snacks, essentials & microwave meals.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor Community about our Hampton! I am glad our new Hampton was a great value for the price and on the house amenities offered including our breakfast. I am glad the location was easy to locate especially after such a long flight. I appreciate your praise as well regarding our efficient staff! Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Excellent service and accommodations. The staff goes out of its way to make guests feel totally comfortable. We will definitely return when we need to stay near the airport leaving or landing.
William and Marian Francis

Room Tip: If you like to take a bath in the tub, you'll need to ask for a room with a tub.
1 Thank William and Mar... F
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community regarding our excellent service and accommodations you experienced. Thank you for taking the time to write about the staff I will be sure to share this with all of our team members reiterating the impact we truly have when it comes to making our guests feel comfortable. I am glad to see you will return and ask if I can be of assistance please feel free to contact me directly. We look forward to seeing you soon!

west seneca, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Look no further for a hotel...by far the best I've stayed at in a long time! Very cozy and comfy. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was yummy and the pool was clean. No bar there but across the street was Bonefish Grill and the hotel paid for us to enjoy a complimentary appetizer on them. Even that was delish! I was very impressed!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor I am truly delighted to see we were able to make such a great impression and glad you were cozy and comfy! We are glad you enjoyed our on the house breakfast and guest facilities including our salt water pool. Our goal is always to make sure our guests are satisfied and are glad you were very impressed with every aspect of your stay. Thank you again for such a wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Orlando! Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Beautiful new Hampton. Usual great service you get at Hampton Inn's, free appetizer at a restaurant next door, shuttle available for an early morning flight and for the first time I used the laundry service here. Great laundry room with several washers and dryers kept very clean. If I knew how nice this Hampton was I would not have stayed at the one near Universal Studios.

Room Tip: I liked our room on the top floor facing west. Quiet and you could see the setting sun.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor! We are proud to be a beautiful NEW Hampton and are glad that showed during your stay along with providing the consistent great service you would expect at any Hampton! I am pleased to see our 24 hour shuttle service accommodated your needs. We appreciate the praise regarding our onsite guest laundry facilities as well. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando whether business or pleasure I know our facilities and staff will provide another excellent stay in the future. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We arrived at Orlando airport around midnight and were met shortly thereafter by the shuttle. The driver was very helpful loading our bags and ski gear, The Hampton was located near the airport but we experienced no aircraft noise. The room was clean end comfortable and the breakfast selections were varied and tasty.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thanks for you for sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. We are glad we could be just what you needed after a long day of travel! Thank you for your praise regarding our shuttle service and I am pleased that they were helpful during your arrival. I am also happy to see you did not experience air traffic noise as a good night sleep is so important and we see you started the day off right with plenty of variety when experiencing our on the house Hampton breakfast! We look forward to your return when your travels bring you through or to Orlando! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance and we look forward to seeing you again soon.