Unfortunately, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites (Gateway Village) for the first night of our honeymoon before departing on a cruise to the Bahamas.
Our experience was terrible, and it was incredibly disappointing especially considering that it was our honeymoon. We experienced numerous issues for a one night stay including:
1) Poor facilities -The door had issues fully closing which we thankfully noticed immediately and took extra care to ensure it closed prior to leaving. This is a security concern.
2) Poor service - We requested a shaving kit multiple times and had to contact the manager as we had waited over an hour. Initially, we had called by phone and were told it would be brought in just a few minutes. My husband went to the counter where he was told they had to retrieve one from a closet, but we would bring it down. We called again to the front counter and were assured it would be brought. The last time my husband went to the counter, he spoke with a manager, and the kits were up front the entire time. This was unacceptable service.
3) Unhelpful staff - Our shuttle to the port was pre-paid. When we initially checked in, the front desk associate did not know any information regarding the shuttle. Thankfully, we called to confirm in the morning, spoke with someone who did understand, and discovered that our shuttle had not yet appropriately been notified to pick us up. This would have resulted in our shuttle being missed for a cruise had we not followed-up with a staff member who knew how to assist us.
4) Disappointing breakfast - We found breakfast to be cold, dirty, and crowded. We have stayed at multiple hotels that offer free continental breakfast, and this was the worst we have encountered.
5) Not a pleasurable stay - The hotel overall had a very chaotic and noisy environment. I would chalk this up to Orlando, however, our stay at the Doubletree (following our cruise) was exceptional.
Based on other reviews, I can see that we had an exceptionally poor experience. This is unfortunate, but there were many factors that led to a disappointing stay at the Hampton Inn.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village Florida