Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #5 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
geneseo, United States
“Business Travel”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great place to stay. Convenient location, good choice of restaurants nearby. Quiet, even though near the airport. The staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Kimberly S
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased to see that our location accommodated all your needs while in Orlando while providing great restaurants located within steps of our front door. We appreciate the mention regarding our friendly and knowledgeable team! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando even whether business or leisure we are here for you! Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Turkish first
rubicon, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2014

would stay again in a heart beat!!! Super easy from the airport to the motel and again back to the airport. breakfast was great. beds were a bit hard but we still slept. asked for extra pillows and had them within 5 minutes. wonderful amenities however were not there long enough to hop in the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor! We are so excited that we were able to leave such an impression that you would return to our property in a heartbeat and I want to say I am sorry you were not able to enjoy our salt water pool while staying at our award winning hotel. I do see you were able to enjoy some of the other amenities we feature such as our 24 hour complimentary shuttle service and on the house hot breakfast. Thank you for making mention of our efficient staff as well with providing you he extra pillows in a timely manner. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Orlando! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I thought this hotel was top notch. Every detail very maticulously maintained. Great breakfast and extremely comfortable accommodations. My suite was large and roomy and very stylishly furnished. Very, very impressed. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent feedback with the Trip Advisor Community. We are so delighted that your business trip to Orlando was a “top notch” when it came down to your experience at our Award winning hotel! We truly appreciate you mentioning just how great our on the house breakfast is and how comfortable and clean our accommodations were. We are always happy to impress and will continue to do so for your future visits to Orlando! Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon the next time your travels bring you through or to Orlando! Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Chestertown, Maryland
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were lost lambs without transportation or clue. Nick was friendly, informative and extremely helpful in getting us transportation in the area. He took great pains to ascertain the best options and make them available to us. We have enjoyed our stay here very much and his welcome really set the standard for the whole visit. We will tell all our friends about the great time and service we had here.

1 Thank Elizabeth C
Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate your feedback regarding Nick, and may I say he is definitely fantastic and please know I will be sure to recognize him for his efficient, informative service you received upon arrival. We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and are excited to see that you will be sharing your positive experience with all your friends. Again, thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance. We look forward to welcoming you back soon the next time you are in Orlando!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Unfortunately, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites (Gateway Village) for the first night of our honeymoon before departing on a cruise to the Bahamas.

Our experience was terrible, and it was incredibly disappointing especially considering that it was our honeymoon. We experienced numerous issues for a one night stay including:

1) Poor facilities -The door had issues fully closing which we thankfully noticed immediately and took extra care to ensure it closed prior to leaving. This is a security concern.

2) Poor service - We requested a shaving kit multiple times and had to contact the manager as we had waited over an hour. Initially, we had called by phone and were told it would be brought in just a few minutes. My husband went to the counter where he was told they had to retrieve one from a closet, but we would bring it down. We called again to the front counter and were assured it would be brought. The last time my husband went to the counter, he spoke with a manager, and the kits were up front the entire time. This was unacceptable service.

3) Unhelpful staff - Our shuttle to the port was pre-paid. When we initially checked in, the front desk associate did not know any information regarding the shuttle. Thankfully, we called to confirm in the morning, spoke with someone who did understand, and discovered that our shuttle had not yet appropriately been notified to pick us up. This would have resulted in our shuttle being missed for a cruise had we not followed-up with a staff member who knew how to assist us.

4) Disappointing breakfast - We found breakfast to be cold, dirty, and crowded. We have stayed at multiple hotels that offer free continental breakfast, and this was the worst we have encountered.

5) Not a pleasurable stay - The hotel overall had a very chaotic and noisy environment. I would chalk this up to Orlando, however, our stay at the Doubletree (following our cruise) was exceptional.

Based on other reviews, I can see that we had an exceptionally poor experience. This is unfortunate, but there were many factors that led to a disappointing stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank BelleofBelltown
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share valuable feedback with us and the Trip Advisor community regarding your stay in January. I would like to first congratulate you both on your marriage and wish you the best! I am deeply sorry that this stay was an “unforgettably terrible experience” and apologize that we fell short in many aspects of your 1 night stay as we would never want any of our guest to experience what you did. We have reviewed with our leaders your feedback and are addressing many of the concerns to insure our guest do not have an experience like this again. Our newly opened, award winning property just received the Light House award honoring our service and I am truly sorry you’re your experience with our team does not reflect our award. I do hope this experience does not shy you away from selecting Hampton in the future. If you could contact me directly to discuss any additional feedback regarding this stay it would be greatly appreciated as our goal is to ensure our guest leave 100% satisfied and I truly apologize that this fell short and was not a pleasurable stay. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I selected this hotel as it was close to the hotel where my customers were staying. Luckily I could not get into the other hotel...and found this gem. This is a fairly new hotel (year old)...and still felt new. Everything was clean and in working order. Breakfast items were fresh, always refilled...and tasted good. Did not use the exercise room since the weather was so nice outside and jogged around the perimeter of the property and adjacent properties. I would definitely stay here again. Many restaurants and shops close by as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

3 Thank J B
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites. We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community letting them know about our excellent location and hotel! Thank you for referring to us as a gem finding everything clean and more importantly in working order. I am glad you had a chance to enjoy our breakfast on the house and great weather for the jog around the village. I am excited to see you would not hesitate to stay with us again and we hope that it won’t be to long before having the opportunity to welcome you back! Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

San Francisco
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed for less than 12 hours there, but pleasantly surprised, will likely stay there again next time in transit in Orlando. It is very close to the airport, the shuttle service works great, and the rooms are nice and quiet. The hotel is still relatively new, so everything is in great condition. The rate was great, but probably because it is still new. You can walk across the street to a number of good restaurants, couldn't ask for more from an "airport" hotel.

1 Thank BayAreaRes
Thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor! I am so pleased to see that you were pleasantly surprised with our new facility and location! Thank you for your compliments regarding our efficient complimentary shuttle service as well I will be sure to share with all our drivers. For an airport property I am glad our award winning hotel was so satisfying and that you could not have asked for more.  We look forward to your return the next time in Orlando. Thank you again for your feedback and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.