“Best value for a hotel near the airport”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #7 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Hampton Inn is like old faithful when it comes to hotels. I always know I’ll enjoy hot coffee all day long and get a good breakfast with lots of options and hot food. This hotel was clean and the staff members were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I always appreciate the fact that Hampton Inn uses duvets rather than quilts or a comforter.

There is regular shuttle service to and from the airport and nice restaurants like Bone Fish Grill and Carrabba’s located within walking distance. There are also several fast food options like Panda Express, Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A and Panera Bread within 3 blocks.

This facility has a fabulous outdoor pool and a lovely sitting area out back with a fire pit that burns in the evening. All of the outdoor areas have music playing through the outdoor speaker system so it is a nice relaxing environment. There is also a gym with a large selection of equipment and it’s stocked with a water cooler too.

Dollar for dollar this is the best value for a hotel near the airport. My room was up high on the 7th floor and faced the west. I could see the outdoor seating area and the pool, as well as the planes coming in to land. The flight traffic was not bothersome and I didn’t notice any after 11 p.m. It was around 7 a.m. before I heard a jet taking off, but I was ready to get up so that didn’t matter.

Room Tip: The east side of the hotel might be a bit noisy in the evening with cars and people outside going to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bridget H
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2014

Thank you for a wonderful description of your recent visit to the Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village. Your loyalty is so appreciated. Having a choice of where to seek accommodations is your right. We are thankful that your preferred hotel is ours. We look forward to serving you and continuing the award winning service you have come to expect. We call it "Hamptonality". Greg Burnes-General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Fabulous! Staff was just wonderful, took us to dinner, and picked us up!! Breakfast is also excellent for hotel, great eggs, waffles, good fruit. Free shuttle to and from airport, clean refreshing king suite room, was ready even for early check in. We will return again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for sharing you experience with the Trip Advisor Community regarding your 5 STAR stay at our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites! I was so delighted to see how our staff made your stay a “fabulous” one. We are glad you were able to partake in our on the house breakfast as well enjoying the variety, and of course our complimentary shuttle service. Thank you again for such a glowing review and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back in person the next time your travels bring you to or through Orlando! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This Hampton is the best hotel by the airport. The staff was friendly, big pool and a big room. If I could pick the rankings, it would be the best hotel in Orlando airport area. Room was nice and clean.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you recognizing us as the BEST hotel by Orlando International Airport! We appreciate your compliments regarding our friendly staff, heated salt water pool, and spacious guestrooms. Although I know you are unable to assign us our ranking every great review helps so thank you for sharing your feedback! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at the Hampton in pre-Disney cruise, and it was a nice base for a day stay.

We arrived in LATE on a Thursday night, and they had the free shuttle there to pick us up within 10 minutes. The driver was very friendly and helpful.

Very friendly staff overall. The breakfast was basic but nice, and kept stocked up. The dining area was bright and clean, as were the rooms, and the beds were comfortable and the rooms quiet. We were in a standard two doubles room, and while there wasn't an excessive amount of space, it was enough for the purpose.

The pool was nice (a bit chilly, but tolerable) and the patio area on the other side of the pool was just fantastic. Lovely cushioned chaises and sofas, and a warm fire pit made a great spot to curl up with a book while the family enjoyed the cooler pool.

Great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are so humbled to be the NICEST Hampton that you have stayed in. I am delighted that our shuttle driver was efficient and helpful in getting you to the hotel and that you found our staff very friendly, as we all love to show off our Hamptonality! I am glad you were able to experience our on the house breakfast and other common areas such as our salt water pool and fire pit patio area. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I am so pleased that your experience was exactly that. Again thank you for such a wonderful review and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Orlando! Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at dozens of different Hampton Inns over the years, this is the nicest so far. Really new, fresh and a whole new design. Had a 7th floor suite style room, very, very nice! Friendly staff, close to the airport, will make flying out tomorrow easy!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JCFOhio

Thank you for recognizing our Hampton as the NICEST Hampton you have ever stayed in on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your review and glad our award winning hotel had such an impact with our new design and spacious studio suites! I am so pleased to see the staff was friendly assisting you with your travel needs while staying. We do hope to welcome you back soon and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

GREAT accomodations, Shuttle service a plus, eating places within walking distance, as well as free shuttle service to many places. VERY accomodating. Breakfast was FABULOUS, beyond my expectations. Staff was fabulous!!!!! GREAT STAY. Very clean

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing such positive review with the Trip Advisor community regarding your recent stay. We are truly excited that our award winning hotel and staff made your stay simply GREAT! We are glad our accommodations exceeded your expectations providing you with well know restaurants steps from our front door and a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, as we love to please. We will be sure to have breakfast hot and ready for your return. Thank you again for such a “fabulous” review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to or through Orlando. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Excellent place to relax and stay. Staff very helpful and courteous. The suite room was very clean and spacious. Excellent value for the $. Nice complimentary breakfast and located in close walking distance to several good restaurants. One of best hotels we have ever stayed at. Highly recommend. We will stay again next time.

Room Tip: Upper floor suites are quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are so pleased you found our award winning property was an excellent place to stay and relax providing you with a helpful and courteous staff. I am glad you were able to experience our on the house breakfast before heading home after your great vacation. We are proud to be one of the best hotels you have ever stayed at and appreciate you recommending us!! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando! Again, thank you for such a great review and please if you ever need anything feel free to contact me directly.