“Convenient and Comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Virginia Beach, United States
“Convenient and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Hampton Inn and Suites, Orlando Airport at Gateway Village is an excellent hotel for a short term or long stays. Either for leisure or business, the hotel offers easy access to the airport, the vacation attractions, and the Orlando business area. The staff is always accommodating, the rooms nicely appointed and clean, and amenities like dining are within a very short walking distance.

As a frequent business traveler, I would rate this property as one of my favorites in the Hampton Inn chain.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, but those on the poolside of the hotel, away from Semoran Blvd see less traffic...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased to see that you found our award winning Hampton, convenient and comfortable whether you are traveling for business or pleasure long or short term. Thank you for pointing out that our team is accommodating as we always want our guests to feel 100% satisfied with their stay. I look forward to the pleasure of personally welcoming you back. Thank you again for your review and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Guest Service Manager
Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Turkish first
davison, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The staff and facilities at the Hampton Inn were excellent. The front desk readily accommodated our early arrival. Breakfast foods were fresh and varied. Our room was quiet and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your “Great Stay at Hampton” review with the Trip Advisor Community letting everyone know how excellent our staff and facilities are. I am delighted that our front desk team was very accommodating especially when it came to your early arrival request and am also glad you were able to experience our complimentary breakfast offered daily. Although we are an airport property we are glad you had a quiet stay and appreciate that you would recommend us. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Orlando and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed one night in Hampton Inn and Suites Orlando with my husband and baby before our flight to Miami. We had nice time. There is restaurants around, average buffet in the morning and very nice and helpful staff. Glad we stayed there. Only problem was that we waited long for the shuttle we booked from the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TakeMyAdvice12
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We are glad that our property was able to accommodate your needs before catching a flight out of Orlando and we appreciate your compliments in regards to our helpful staff. I would like to apologize for the extended period of time you waited for the shuttle as our goal is always fast, safe service when transporting our guests. We are happy to see you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet before departing to Miami. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando and once again thank you for taking a moment to review us.

Accokeek
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The Hampton Inn at the gateway village is an excellent hotel. Clean and bright. Close to airport with shuttle for early departures. Great breakfast too. The front desk clerks were very helpful with restaurant coupons.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Vicker-Accokeek
Thank you for writing a review and sharing it with the Trip Advisor community. We are so glad to see we were an excellent hotel choice for your travel needs as we strive daily to provide great service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings, standing by our 100% guarantee. I am delighted our agents were able to assist you with dinner recommendations and discounts. I do hope the next time you travel to or through Orlando we have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance and again thank you for your review.

Northvale, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village for one night, before heading out for a Disney Cruise the following day. The experience was exceptional, to say the very least. Let me break it down to "Shuttle" and "Service."

1. Shuttle

As we arrived at the Airport, I called the hotel receptionist, who was gracious and quickly informed me to head to the baggage claim and call her back once we had our things. I did so, she notified the shuttle driver, and by the time I arrived at the transportation gate from the baggage claim, I may have waited 2 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. The driver (Luis) was courteous, professional, and safe (very important, as I was traveling with two small children). He also informed us that the shuttle was available at no additional charge to take us anywhere we needed to go, if it was to a restaurant for lunch or a simple trip to the grocery store for last minute items. We took advantage the shuttle service to non-airport locations 2 times during the trip and the experience both times was exceptional. The service was fast and the drivers courteous and safe. Travel back to the aiport was also extraordinarily fast.

2. Service

This is what makes this particular location exceptional. It is a tremendous value without the service (above average free breakfast, clean/nice size rooms, free WiFi, outdoor pool, walking distance to 3 restaurants, as well as the incredible shuttle service), but the people make the difference here. Two examples of where they went over the top:

A. Forgot cell phone chargers after checking out

While waiting in line to board the Disney Cruise Bus to the port from the airport, I realized I left two cell phone charges in my hotel room. One call to the hotel and they went to work. Ally personally went to my room (7th floor!), pulled the chargers, and coordinated with the driver, Luis, who personally delivered the chargers to me at the airport in a matter of 20 minutes. Unbelievable service during a stressful situation. I was enternally grateful.

B. 2:30a.m. wake up call

I was traveling with my 14 month old, who decided to give us a wake up call at 2:30a.m. Not only was reception open, but both staff were courteous and professional when I asked to purchase a bottle of milk. I was shocked that they were available and the store still was still open, but to this crew, it seemed like just another day. Exceptional service in yet another stressful situation.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveller going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral, if your transportation is out of Orlando Airport. The location is perfect, the amenities exceptional (especially the shuttle - saves you the burden/cost of a car for a day), and the staff clearly go the extra mile (thank you again Ally and Luis). I would give 6 stars if possible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura G
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 16 November 2014
To say your words are meaningful is an understatement. Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed account of your latest experience at the hotel. Ally and Luis are tremendous assets to our team and all guests. Your kind words is why they are so passionate. They love to make an experience positively memorable. Your comments have had the same effect on us. We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Greg Burnes-General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com
Hernando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We wanted a hotel in Orlando that wasn't too expensive. This hotel fit the bill - no parking charges & no "resort fee". It was only a 30 minute drive from Disney. The hotel was very clean - the lobby was open & inviting. The room was exceptionally clean with a nice clean bathroom. Although the hotel was near the airport, it was quiet at night when you got back to the room exhausted. The staff were very pleasant. The breakfast was better than most free breakfasts. The eggs were not pre-made "plastic" omelets. The fruits were all fresh looking. Coffee was great. Overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank joseph_h_11_11
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites property on Trip Advisor! We are excited to see our hotel was able to accommodate your needs when it came to price, location, and cleanliness we definitely fit the bill. We will have our on the house breakfast ready when you return. Thank you again for your review and please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.

waco tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is very close to the airport but we did not notice any plane noise. The rooms were very nice, as was the pool area. The breakfast buffet was huge. The location of this hotel was nice in that there were several nice restaurants just a short walk from our room, so we did not need to get in the car once we checked in.

Room Tip: Our room came with a mini fridge but noticed that microwaves were available in some of the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review on about our “Nice Hotel” on Trip Advisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our on the house breakfast buffet. I am glad to see our airport property was convenient and quiet during your stay and what a plus it must have been not to have to drive once checked in. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Orlando. Thank you again for your review and please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.