“Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Grand Prairie, TX, United States
“Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I did not get to the hotel until almost 10 pm and there seemed to be only the clerk on duty-no bellboys. However the clerk was very helpful in helping me get my luggage out of my car. She also was very cordial and helpful when I asked for the location of the ice machine on the first floor. She told me there was no ice machine on the 1st floor, so she got the ice for me, which I greatly appreciated. The room was very comfortable and had a shower I could have rolled a wheelchair into, should the need have arisen. I checked out at 4 am with no issues. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor Community we are delighted to see you found out Hampton to be comfortable and accommodating even when arriving late. I truly appreciate you recognizing the lady clerk that assisted you with luggage and your request for some ice. We truly take pride in our hotel and strive for all our guests experience our clean and comfortable accommodations. We appreciate you recommending our hotel and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Yours in WARM Hospitality,
Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We decided to spend the night here since our cruise was leaving the next day. The location was perfect. The hotel offers a shuttle from the airport and they picked us up and dropped us back off the next day so we could catch the cruise shuttle to the port. The price was good since a number of other hotels were charging much more for just one night. The accommodations were comfortable and the breakfast had very good choices. There were several restaurants in the area that were in walking distance if you would rather have breakfast elsewhere or maybe in need of lunch or dinner. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are so glad that you selected our hotel before embarking on your cruise and are even more satisfied knowing our location was perfect for your needs! We appreciate the compliments regarding our clean and comfortable accommodations and are glad to see you were able to join us for our complimentary on the house breakfast before departing. I see that you will return again so we look forward to welcoming you back soon, and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. Thank you again for your review and we will strive for the “5 star” rating on upon your return.

Yours in WARM Hospitality,
Ambler, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here with my 9-yr-old son from June 19-23, 2014. I wanted to plan a somewhat less-expensive getaway to the amusement parks and staying on Disney property (which we normally do) wasn't in the cards this time. I have to say that we had just as good a time staying off property as we did staying on.

Location:
The hotel is literally 5-10 minutes from the airport. The hotel sits on a probably ajacent to many eateries. So if you didn't feel like driving every night, you could easily visit the restaurants right off the property within walking distance. The Disney parks were all within a 30 minute drive. We rented a convertible, so it was a nice drive with the top down to/from.

Food:
As you may know, every Hampton offers free breakfast in the mornings. This property does a really nice job of putting out the entire spread (waffles, eggs, cereals, danishes, juices....you name it). The eating area was never super crowded, so finding a table was no problem. Plus, they have tables set up outside if you wanted to enjoy your breakfast outdoors. They also have a nice snack shop that even sells beer and wine. As mentioned, they are restaurants within walking distance (TGI-Friday's, Bonefish Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse and a Sushi restaurent (opening soon))

Pool:
They have a modest-sized pool. Nothing fancy, but it does the job when you come back from sweating all day in the parks. There were always kids in the pool so my son enjoyed making new friends.

Rooms:
The rooms were very nice. I believe this is a fairly new hotel, so everything still looks and feels new. The room was spacious and the bed was super comfortable.

Staff:
Everyone was really nice to talk with. Whenever I had a question, or would see a staff member in the halls, I would be greeted with a smile :)

Price:
I paid around $100/night and it was well worth it...especially when you could easily spend $20-$50 every morning for breakfast if you eat out (depending on the number of family members).

Bottom line....If you're looking for an inexpensive hotel that's close to the airport and is super clean and modern, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul P
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for such sharing your wonderful experience with the Trip Advisor community and we are truly delighted to meet and exceed all of your expectations! We are glad you felt the “Hamptonality” during your family vacation to our local amusement parks. We appreciate you highlighting the location, food, and amenities including our Salt water pool and lastly the recognition given to the staff as we are always happy to greet our guests with a warm smile. We are glad that paying a little less than the local accommodations and providing complimentary breakfast daily paid off with sacrificing a clean, comfortable, and modern hotel. Thank you again for your detailed review and we hope that your future trips to Orlando give us with the pleasure of welcoming you back! Please feel free to contact if I may be of any assistance.

Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in April 2014. The accommodation was excellent in all respects and we would find it difficult to to find anything negative to say. The bed was extremely comfortable, hotel was quiet very clean and the breakfast was of a very good standard. We booked well in advance and got an excellent deal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor Community regarding your excellent stay at our Award winning Hampton Inn and Suites! We are excited that your experience was truly a positive one, in all aspects of the stay. We are happy to see our beds exceed the level of comfort you were expecting and glad to hear that our hotel was quiet even though we are within a mile of Orlando International. Thank you for such a great review and we hope the next time you return to Orlando we have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel was chosen for a training session in Orlando. When I arrived I was greeted immediately. The rooms was spacious and very comfortable. It was great to be in walking distance to restaurants for dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor, we are delighted that we were selected as your host property for a training session you had here in Orlando! I am happy to see that our team greeted you immediately as we love to welcome all of our guests to our award winning hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding our spacious rooms and comfortable surroundings and are glad our location provided you with many restaurant options steps from our front door. Business or pleasure we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked the Hampton’s based on location and the excellent TripAdvisor reviews.

The hotel was adequate for an overnight stay but nothing extraordinary so we were a bit mystified by the premier rating on TripAdvisor. The hotel room was clean but the room furnishings and the bathroom were quite basic for a mid-scale airport hotel.

Complimentary breakfast had a fair variety of items but I was surprised that there was no sausage or bacon to complement the eggs and waffles. There was some white goo labelled “sausage gravy” but it appeared very unappetizing.

The high point of our stay was the friendly and helpful staff. There is a complimentary shuttle that only runs every 30 minutes so arriving at 12.30 am with no shuttle appearing within 30 minutes at post #3 or 4, we caught a cab to the hotel. Be aware that you have to BOOK your return to the airport as the van is first come first served.

One convenient extra is that the Sixt rent a car airport lot is located 5 minutes walk from the hotel. They offer complimentary van pick up at the hotel.

Overall a satisfactory place to stay overnight associated with a flight but there are much better options for a prolonged stay in the Orlando area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FunOnly
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 1 November 2014
Here at the Hampton Inn and Suites we are constantly striving to improve our service to each and every guest. I am sorry that your recent visit did not convey that experience.. Although our location is not meant for long-term stays such as our Sister property the Homewood Suites, we want to make you comfortable for your stay. We look forward to showing you why were are the award winning Hampton Inn and Suites. Greg Burnes-General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com
Miami, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great experience. The room was larger than I expected. Very nice layout. I would stay here again and look forward to traveling with my family at a Hampton Inn Suites in the future. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business, or with family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking a moment to share your GREAT experience while staying at our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites, with the with the Trip Advisor community! I am so delighted to see that our spacious guestrooms impressed, with a new modern layout. I am truly excited to see that you look forward to staying at a Hampton Inn and Suites in the future with your family and feel honored that we left such a great impression on you! Thank you for recommending us to the world and we hope to welcome you back to Orlando soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be any assistance.