“Response to "ignorant blonde 8pm"”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #5 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is in response to Paul post who called the blonde at the front desk ignorant (who could not even spell correctly.) The blonde was actually very helpful and made sure everyone in our group was accommodated. His review should not be held against her as our family proceeded to see Paul make a fool of himself as he stumbled in and cussed her out after she politely tried for ten minutes to look up his account. Due to the fact he gave her his incorrect account number she couldn't find it. We watched it all go down as we waited on their shuttle service. To make a long story short, they are very accommodating and have big rooms with comfortable beds so we would recommend this location to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Redraidertx
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community regarding our Guest service Agent. I appreciate you taking the time to share the positive impact our guest service agent left during your stay with her helpful and accommodating attitude. I will be sure to compliment and recognize her for her efforts and please know any negative feedback we receive is an opportunity to grow in this industry and we will do just that. Again, I do appreciate the feedback and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites Orlando Gateway the next time you are in Orlando. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have always had good experiences staying at various Hampton Inn's when looking for budget travel accommodations. When we landed in Orlando, we took the free shuttle over to the hotel to inquire about a room for the night as we forgot to book it earlier.

Unfortunately, they were completely booked for the night but, we found the front desk service to go the extra mile and without even a hesitation Michelle, at the front desk called about 10 hotels on our behalf to check availability. We didn't even ask her to do this, so we were so surprised and she was so quick. As we sat in the comfortable lobby seating, she walked over to us and informed us of some options in the area. How nice and very unexpected! Definitely exceeding our expectations and something we will remember. Then Larry, her co-worker offered for the free shuttle to drive us over to the hotel. How nice. Tyler, our driver was very friendly and efficient. Thank you to these 3 staff members. We look forward to staying there (when you have availability) and will be sure to tell our friends about the great service even though they were fully booked that night.

2  Thank Katma_12

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton and are so glad we were your first choice when looking for accommodations in the area. Thank you for mentioning Michelle as she is a valued member of our Guest Service team and I will be sure to recognize her along with Larry and Tyler for their efforts. We truly love to exceed our guest expectations and are thrilled to see our staff did just that. We do look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to or through Orlando. Thank you again for you “5 Star” review, and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed one night on the way to Miami for a cruise and two on return, when we visited the Diagon Alley section of Universal Studios. It was clean, quiet, I never heard a plane at night. Breakfast was good, and the area by the fire pit was so relaxing looking I would have liked more time to enjoy that and the pool. It deserved every good review I saw, which is why we stayed. Good Job!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SS51_12

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community, we are delighted to see your stay matched up to all the good reviews we have received since opening in August 2012. We appreciate you mentioning how clean and quiet our airport property is and I am delighted to see you were able to experience our on the house breakfast. I do hope when you return back to Orlando that you have more time for R & R on the back patio area as I am sure we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back! Again thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on July 5, 2014 for one over night stay. We booked and payed on hotels.com and got a great price $89.00. We arrived check in was super fast In no time we had are keys and were heading to the room. Hotel looks new and is very clean well kept and staff is friendly free breakfast. Would stay here again also walking distance to many restraunts

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jsl438

Thank you for sharing your over night experience with the Trip Advisor Community during your recent stay at The Hampton Inn and Suites Orlando Gateway! We are delighted to see that check in was a fast and easy and appreciate your compliments regarding our friendly staff and clean accommodations. We are so glad our first impression is a lasting one and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando! Thank you again for your review and please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can assist with.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I wasn't expecting anything special, but after I arrived and realized that a computer snafu (on my end) messed up my dates, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly with helping me get my problems resolved. The manager was there and was so friendly! That is the type of customer service that makes a hotel. Big thumbs up to them!

The facilities are well-maintained, modern and very clean. We were just there for a quick overnight visit for a wedding, so the location worked very well for us, especially since it's close to so many low-maintenance, casual eateries. It was a great stay and would definitely return.

1  Thank ReineS
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience regarding our great staff and modern, clean hotel on Trip Advisor! Our staff loves to delight and I can see we did just that when you arrived and was immediately faced with an inaccurate reservation. I am so glad that our staff reacted with their “can do attitude” and resolved the issue, and we just want to say thanks for the thumbs up! I am glad to see our accommodations left you impressed and are even more excited to see that you definitely be back. Please feel free to let me know the next time you are in town as I look forward to personally welcoming you back! Again, thank you for your “5 star” review and we will be ready for your return.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here over night to catch an early morning flight. The hotel was clean and nice. The front desk staff was nice and when you stay you get a voucher for a free appetizer for either Carrabba's or Bone Fish Grill , both are right beside the hotel. The room was spacious and I like how the bed was set up so that it was not touching the neighboring wall. I do have 2 small complaints so I wasn't able to give them 5 stars. 1st I asked for a 4am wake up call because I had an early flight. I had set my phone alarm but always like to have a back up plan. Well luckily for me I woke up right before 4 and got into the shower, when I got out my husband told me the wake up call never came, He called down to the front desk to inquire about it around 410 and they said the night time clerk never set one !!!!! That could have been a HUGE disaster and I could have MISSED MY FLIGHT!!! The other complaint is the BED it is as hard as ROCKS , it felt like i was sleeping on the floor. Didn't get much sleep at all.
I didn't have the breakfast since I was flying out, but my husband did and said it was a hot breakfast and was good. They do have an airport shuttle that runs every 30 minutes, I believe they said 24hrs however I did not utilize it and never saw it. The hotel is very convenient to the airport, about a mile or so and it is very easy to get to the airport.

1  Thank straw71

Thank you for taking a moment to share some valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to see that your overall experience was a pleasant one especially when it came to our front desk staff service and our clean spacious guestroom layout. I am however terribly sorry that you found our new beds to be less than comfortable, as we all know how important a great night’s sleep is when traveling. I would also like to apologize for the requested wakeup call being missed, I will be sure to share this feedback with all my team members so we can learn from what could have potentially been a disaster. We do hope that this experience does not hinder you from selecting our property in the future and please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was great hotel. the helped me out so much. I was tired from Driving from Atlanta and i did not have time to book an hotel room I stoped at the first hotel I seen and they gave me One of the last rooms they had....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are delighted that you choose to stay at our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites after a very tiring drive from the Atlanta area. I am so glad to see that our staff was able to assist you while providing you with one of our spacious suites for the evening. We hope whether you are driving or flying we have the pleasure to welcome you back the next time you return to Orlando! Thank you again for your review and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.