“One night stay before our cruise”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #5 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Cincinnati, Ohio
“One night stay before our cruise”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We arrived late due a flight delay; however, we were welcomed and quickly received our room. We had a room to two queen beds - very adequate for two adults and two young adult kids. However, the beds were not very comfortable - too hard. I have slept on Hampton Inn & Suites beds and absolutely loved them in the past. So, something different going on in Orlando. Otherwise, the room was clean and neat. The Hotel location is fantastic - it is nestled in an area with several nice restaurants. We visited the I-Hop, it was open very late. My overall rating dropped from excellent due to the breakfast - the powdered eggs (or whatever they are) and the not so fresh fruit kind of ruined the meal. If you are going to do eggs, do the real deal and charge a bit more to make it a more quality experience. Although we did not have time to use them, the patio area with the fire pit and the pool were very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay. I am pleased to see that our staff welcomed you with such speedy service at check in. We appreciate your positive notes regarding our guestrooms however I am terribly sorry that you found our new beds to be uncomfortable during your stay however I can assure you that all Hampton beds are “Cloud 9” by Serta which is mandated by the Hampton Brand for consistency. We appreciate you mentioning our fantastic location providing our guests with nice restaurants within walking distance. I would like to apologize about your experience at breakfast, Hampton has changed many of our on the house breakfast items this past year providing a more high quality dinning experience for all of our guests. We hope that the challenges you had this stay will not hinder you selecting our hotel in the future. Please feel free to contact me with any additonal comments you may have. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!

Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The rooms are always well appointed and clean. It had everything for the business traveler, but it would be a great family destination as well. The complimentary breakfast was fresh and hit the spot. I would definitely chose to stay here again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our award winning Hampton Inn and Suites on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you found your experience was “5 star” satisfaction especially when it came to your needs as a business traveler but appreciate you recommending us to the leisure/family travel as well. Our on the house breakfast is a great amenity offered to all of our guests and am so happy that it “hit the spot”. We look forward to the next time we have the pleasure of welcoming you back whether business or pleasure we will be here for you. Thank you again for your wonderful review and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Berea, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was a bit worried as I walked in to the main lobby as it had a funky(dirty/fishy) smell. We were, however, able to check in at about noon which was great to get some rest before dinner after getting off of the cruise ship in Cape Canaveral. The smell in the lobby lasted throughout the day but we did not notice it by the next morning.
The pool was very clean and refreshing and the room was very large and comfortable with a sofa, chair, and large desk.
It was just what we needed to get a nice rest before heading home the next morning.
The biggest downside was the breakfast. I stay almost exclusively at Hampton and this had the worst breakfast I've ever had there. The waffle batter was very watery, though I don't eat waffles but my wife said they tasted okay though the texture was "different". They had no meat at all..just eggs and potatoes. I didn't see a toaster but I could have missed it since I was frustrated with the lack of offerings by this point. There was also no type of citrus fruit cut up like is normally offered. Needless to say I ate very little and left hungry for the airport.
The staff was friendly as expected.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TimaNCandy
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community and we are glad that your stay was a pleasant one. I am happy to see that our guest services team was able to accommodate you with an early check in into one of our studio suites providing you with more space to relax. We are also delighted you had a chance to experience our salt water pool during your 1 night stay. I would like to apologize for the odor in our lobby upon your arrival and I am deeply sorry that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to share this with the leader of our breakfast area so we can address your concerns in order to exceed your expectations during your next. Thank you again for your feedback and if you have any additional thoughts you wish to share please feel free to contact me directly. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Tampa, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

will be happy to stay again as hotel service was excellent and rooms were very clean. love the fact they have hilton honors and shows a great return on investment. looking forward to staying at this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that your business stay was amazing and are even more excited that you would be happy to stay with us again. We value all of our loyal Hilton Honors Members and glad you are seinge your return on investment. Thank you for your compliments in regards to our level of Guest Service and overall, clean facilities. I hope I have the pleasure to personally welcome you back and please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance. Again thank you for your 5 star review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Castlewood, South Dakota
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just had to write this review even though it happened last November but I found my trip advisor card! It was great to stay at Hampton Inn and Suites Orlando Airport as the staff were wonderful and very considerate. The facility is very clean and inviting to stay. Several places to eat are located by the hotel and are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Suites were very nice and accommodating for my husband to work.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank speckles63
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community regarding the stay you had in November. We are delighted to receive a “5 Star” review and appreciate your compliments towards our considerate staff. Hampton’s should always provide clean rooms and comfortable surroundings and we are thrilled to see your overall experience was exactly that. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience and please let your husband know we will have the work desk ready for his return.

Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel offers a shuttle to and from the orlando airport that is only a few minutes away. They offer free coffee all day long which is great for coffee lovers like me. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not close to the elevators.
1 Thank T V
Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our Hampton Inn and Suites. We are happy that you selected our airport location for convenience to the airport with our 24 hour complimentary shuttle service provided. I am glad you were able to take full advantage of our Coffee Bar, throughout your stay. We appreciate your compliments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms and out helpful staff. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next visit to Orlando. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Nice location near a number of new restaurants in a new plaza just across the street. When you consider that they will let you park for an extended period if you're flying out of Orlando (MCO) with shuttle service back and forth to the airport - this is a very good value.

2 Thank Beach_Life_PVB
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We are glad that our park stay and go package accommodated your needs when traveling out of Orlando International Airport. It is clear the location of the hotel was a highlight for you and provided you with some excellent restaurant choices steps from our front door. Again, thank you for your review. We hope it is not to long till we have the opportunity to welcome you back and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.