“Excellent service and comfy beds!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village
Ranked #7 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I never expect too much from airport hotels but I am pleasantly surprised! The service was excellent, quick pickup from the airport, very njce front desk agent who checked us in in no time. I loved the room as well- clean, quiet and comfortable. Good breakfast. I will definitely stay there again if i'm around orlando airport!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Magcani
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. Your positive is feedback is appreciated in regards to your overall arrival experience as we know first impressions are lasting. We appreciate you recognizing our guest service agent for their speedy service and glad your guestroom was comfortable, clean and quiet. I am excited to see you will return the next time you are in Orlando and we look forward to welcoming you back. Again, thank you for an excellent review and please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Allison.Martin2@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,852)

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Loved the location and service, its 50 steps away from some very good restaurants. Hotel seems very new with 3 fast elevators. Free wifi, free parking
Only two down sides are:
1) breakfast was not very good l. They had eggs sausage pancakes. . But, fruit was canned juice tasted funny, but..it was freeeee so, can't complain. But wait, I just did.
2) walls are a bit thin you can hear things next door, but that seems to be the case with alot of newly built hotels.
I gave it all 5 because cost , location quality of service, free parking, free wifi, free breakfast and the discount restaurant coupons they gave, offset the thin walls (the new norm for smaller new hotels)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank diablo676767
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our various amenities and the convenient location of our hotel. I’d like to apologize for the experience you had during breakfast, we will be sure to share your feedback with the Breakfast Hosts to ensure a better breakfast experience for all guests. I also would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to outside noise. Please know we stand by our Hampton guarantee which is 100% guest satisfaction and that is exactly how we want you leaving the next time we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel. Thank you for your valuable feedback and please feel free to contact me if you should have additional feedback or need any assistance.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This location is perfect if flying in or out of Orlando. Room was clean and large, staff were friendly. Pool facilities were nice, and the outdoor area in the rear with a fire pit was a nice extra touch.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Allison M, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for sharing you experience on Trip advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed our ideal location, friendly staff and clean rooms. We are also pleased that you enjoyed our other amenities including our salt water pool and patio with fire pit. Again thank you for your review and feel free to contact me directly should your travels ever bring you to or through Orlando!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights to attend a training workshop located across their hotel. Originally, the training was supposed to be at the Homewood Suites but they sold out fast. I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport because it was the closest hotel near the Homewood Suites. I'm so glad I stayed there! My room was spectacular! It was nothing short of amazing. I loved the little area for storing your food in a refrigerator and washing your utensils, etc. Hot breakfast was also served every morning. The hotel building is just so so awesome. The hotel also had complimentary shuttles which helped me a lot when I needed to go to the grocery store and buy some food. There was a great swimming pool in the back and a nice lounging area to enjoy the sunshine of Orlando, Florida. The gym/fitness center was also freaking amazing. I LOVED this hotel! Whoever owns it certainly knows how to conduct business. The ONLY issue I had was the wireless internet. It wasn't working on some days I was there but the front desk attendant was very helpful to get it fixed. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone considering a place to stay. Great value, great hotel, great staff, very, very amazing hotel.

Room Tip: They're all good! It just depends on your preference. Do you want to be on the first floor? I sl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Madel T

Thank you for taking the time to share your training visit with the Trip Advisor community. We are happy that you enjoyed the room and our “On The House” amenities especially the complimentary breakfast and shuttle service. We appreciate your comments regarding our amazing 24 hour fitness center. We apologize for the internet issues you experienced but we’re delighted to hear our staff was able to assist you quickly in getting it resolved. Please feel free to contact me directly with any feedback you have. Thank you again for your review and we invite you to our hotel the next time you travel to Orlando whether it’s Business or pleasure.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Second overnight here en route to Anna Maria Island. Late arrival, no problem, room ready. Desk staff friendly (always) offering discount coupons to nearby restaurants. Room quite clean. bed great. While quite new, hotel is beginning to show some wear, likely arrising from all the good reviews and high occupancy! Accompanying complimentary breakfast is fine. There's always something good to eat to start the day.

Room tip: As I noted in December, this is an airport location. Stay on opposite side from pool and fire pit alleviating some of the jet noise. It's likely a function of temperature, humidity and wind direction but jet noise started around 4 am and was incessant every 10 seconds. I was unable to sleep after that. However, I will stay here again as I like this property and the people working there!

Room Tip: Opposite pool deck to alleviate early am jet noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zephyr-TA

Thank you for taking the time to share your return visit to our property with the Trip advisor community. We are happy to see as always that our staff was friendly and the room and bed were up to your expectations. Although we appreciate your comments in your reasoning we still continue to strive for 100% guest satisfaction and would love for you to share with us further detail on where you saw the wear. We look forward to making your next stay a 5 star experience like your first stay. Feel free to contact me directly with any feedback you have. Once again we thank you for returning to our Hampton and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I stayed in this hotel. Good breakfast, clean room, very very professional staff. We stayed from 7/29- 8/4. I loved the pull out sofa. I will stay here again.The rooms are very big. Microwave, Refrigerator, Vacation worthy!

Room Tip: Complementary breakfast is 6a - 10a. Daily. The information online is not correct. Online has it M-F...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ngo a

Thank you for taking the time to share great stay with Trip Advisor community. We are happy to hear you found our staff to be very professional, your accommodations spacious and clean and you had an opportunity to enjoy our “On The House” breakfast. Our breakfast is daily however we are hoping for your assistance in sharing with us on where you located the online breakfast information so we can update it accordingly. We look forward to having you for your next vacation and feel free to contact me directly with any additional feedback or details regarding our request. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 7/27 & 7/31 while traveling around central Florida on business. This is a very nice hotel (pretty sure it's brand new). The hotel staff was very friendly and the room was VERY nice. At check-in, I asked the front desk attendant if I could have a room on the front side of the building and she didn't hesitate to make it happen for me. The hotel is close to several nice restaraunts; including Bone Fish Grill and Carrabbas; which are right across the parking lot. Although I hate to call it a complaint because it's not, the hotel is a little "tricky" to get to. As far as I could tell, there is no obvious sign saying where you should turn to get to the hotel. If you assume that you can turn right off the main Blvd. into the hotel parking lot, you will be in for a big surprise and have to drive toward the airport to find a place to turn around. There is also a Hampton Inn across the street which adds to the confusion (this is the Hampton Inn & SUITES). It was not a problem since I had my GPS guiding the way, but I imagine this could be a little frustrating if you have not been to this hotel before. For the record, it's right behind Bone Fish Grill / Carrabbas and right next door to the Homewood Suites. If you follow those signs, you will end up at the Hampton Inn & Suites. The hotel is close to Florida Mall and a reasonable driving distance to The Mall at Millenia. I will stay here again the in the future.

Room Tip: If you have a rental car, drive a few miles in the opposite direction of the airport to get gas. The...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FrequentTravelerBB

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with the Trip Advisor community. We are happy to hear your accommodations were great and the location proximity to several restaurants made your stay that much better. We are delighted that our guest service agent was so accommodating when it came to your room preference. I would like to apologize for the confusion with getting to our location as we always make an effort to stress to our guests detailed directions. Again, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Orlando and feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.