“Excellent Steak....!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Visited the Funky Monkey offspring - "Prickly Pear Steakhouse" in Orlando, FL before our concert. All was excellent. They had such great food and the steak was perfect. The ambiance is great and outdoor seating is available. It adjoins another Funky Money restaurant offspring - Nick's Italian Kitchen - which is right next door.. so there is no shortage of food in the area. I highly recommend and we WILL be returning....

There are newer reviews for Prickly Pear Steakhouse

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The Prickly Pear Restaurant at Lake Eola, in Orlando Florida is a venue that I would suggest you pass up rather than to be disappointed. The food was mediocre at best and the service left much to be desired. The brunch offerings were very limited and I must say--and this is not saying much--the fresh fruit was the high light of the dining experience.

1  Thank landdwatkins
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We had friends in from out-of-town and decided to take them here, as it was someplace we've never been either. They are foodies so I wanted to take them to a restaurant they would really enjoy. The food was really good. The southwestern corn that come with the entree is a nice touch. Our friends were very happy with the restaurant.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Despite the so-so reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try Prickly Pear. The food was tasty, service was attentive and very friendly, and the prices were very reasonable. Several things disappointed me. The menu is lacking in small dinner salads in the $5-$7 range, which I wanted. There was a wedge salad listed, but that's not very exciting. They also had western music playing in the background, louder than necessary. I happen to dislike western music and found this to be annoying and a detraction from the dining experience, not an enhancement. I know that it's in keeping with the southwestern theme, but please turn it down! One other drawback was the lack of free parking. Overall, it was a decent restaurant, but could benefit from the changes I mentioned.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Located in the Eola Area of Downtown, Orlando. Indoor/Outdoor Seating, comfortable casual, relaxed. Good quality food & service $$