“It doesn't look like much from the outside.”

Border Grill Fresh-Mex
Ranked #32 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is a little hole in the wall restaurant in a strip mall. Only about 10 tables. We had to hunt for it. But, it was worth the hunt. Everything was cooked fresh & was authentic Mexican cuisine.
The menu was limited. However, what they do have. They do very well.

1  Thank Craig S

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very helpful staff, delicious food, very willing to work with gluten allergies. Some of the best Mexican food and service that I have ever had. Looks like a hole in the wall, but it's a great place to eat!

1  Thank TheButtercups
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The best chili shot that I have ever had! Definitely worth a try if you wanna go super saiyan mode!!!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I visited the Orlando area recently and this was the best place we ate at all week. It is definitely a dive. There are just 9 tables in the restaurant. The service was excellent and the food was AMAZING. You walk in the front door and you order right away from an ordering booth. You get a number and walk to your seat. We got our food promptly after ordering. The food was some of the best Mexican food I've ever had in my life. I got a chimichanga with pork. I could immediately tell the pork was done low and slow. It had fantastic flavor. It came with beans and rice which were also very good.

To make this place even better, the prices are ridiculously low. The chimichanga, which I got, was the most expensive thing on the whole menu. It was $6.50. The soda, which comes in a huge cup, and has free refills was $1.00. I wish this place existed where I live. I couldn't recommend this place highly enough!

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I convinced my family to leave the Disney area to try something more local. Good intentions but poor choice. It is a sketchy place when you pull up and even has a Thai restaurant sign over the door. There are very few tables and not really any kind of organization. The people were friendly enough but the service was poor. I had to get up multiple times to ask for things we had ordered. Chips and salsa came about a minute before our meal after I asked for them again. They only had about half the beer available that was on the menu. The menus were filthy and the tables not all that clean either. If you can deal with all of this, I will say the food was quite good and prices were cheap but overall I would choose another option for the family. I had to take everyone for milkshakes to make it up to them. This is coming from a fan of hole in the wall places. While it is that for sure and the food is above average, there have to be better options out there. If you were in rural Mexico it would be a gem, but it's not. Also if I were by myself or with a group of friends it would probably be fun, but not a good choice for families. It was definitely memorable though, just know what you're getting.

1  Thank BMacs11