“Decent food, no organization”

Border Grill Fresh-Mex
Ranked #200 of 3,929 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The food was pretty good. I got a chile relleno and a burrito (...chicago style? Can't recall for sure), my wife just got a cheese quesadilla. It wasn't the best of anything, but it was all good. The queso was just OK. We kept having to ask for stuff (took a LONG time to get the salsa for our chips). They really don't have a "wait staff" per say. They have the woman who takes your order at the front counter and brings your food, but otherwise you're on your own. We had to keep asking for the salsa we ordered and I'm pretty sure we only got one order of chips, but paid for two. There were no drink refills (since you didn't have anyone waiting your table). We just had water, no cokes or anything. It's hard to criticize the service, I'm pretty sure the place was operating as intended, it's just a little different than anything I've ever done before.

1  Thank blindedbyscience

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fresh, authentic Mexican food in a small, hidden, and clean facility. Not a lot of items on the menu, but what they make, they make well. And, if you're tired of the over-priced tourist places in Orlando, the Border Grill is the place to go for fresh, flavorful food at great prices.

1  Thank bltok
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is a little hole in the wall restaurant in a strip mall. Only about 10 tables. We had to hunt for it. But, it was worth the hunt. Everything was cooked fresh & was authentic Mexican cuisine.
The menu was limited. However, what they do have. They do very well.

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very helpful staff, delicious food, very willing to work with gluten allergies. Some of the best Mexican food and service that I have ever had. Looks like a hole in the wall, but it's a great place to eat!

1  Thank TheButtercups
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The best chili shot that I have ever had! Definitely worth a try if you wanna go super saiyan mode!!!