“Pre cruise stay”

Ranked #9 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Laurel, Maryland
“Pre cruise stay”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I arrived in Orlando a day early for my first ever cruise.

I stayed at this property for one night because it was close to the airport and it was $75 cheaper than staying at the Hyatt Orlando Airport AND breakfast and a dinner buffet was included. I also was able to get a AAA discount on the room

It is a lovely, clean facility. I understand the hotel has only been open for 9 months.

It is close to restaurants( next door) I was able to walk to one for lunch after I checked in (Longhorn).

Airport shuttle service was somewhat slow and disorganized.

I waited 45 minutes at the airport to be picked up. Apparently, the driver had forgot about my pick up.

Upon my return trip, I experienced a 30 minute delay. I inquired about the delay at the front desk , the clerk seemed confused, even though I had made an 8:30 am reservation.

Hotel personnel very nice, friendly especially the young black woman , who maintained the dinner buffet. I observed her interacting with repeat guests and she welcomed them like they were family.

Breakfast and dinner buffet a good deal(especially the free wine and beer).The night, I stayed menu items on the dinner buffet included build you own fajitas.

With the exception of the shuttle service( I would rent a car next time or take a cab)I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Showers are standard in most rooms, if you would like a tub/shower request it upon check in . I requ...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Tara_GSM_HW, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! You are correct, we are a new property and have only been open since february. Our team truly feel that our guests are like family and we try to make the guests feel welcome in every department.

However, I would like to take the time to apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with the shuttle delay. I appreciate that you brought it to our attention so we may correct it for our future guests. I can assure you that we will take measures so this is not a repeated issue.

If there is anything that I can do for you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

407-313-5782

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 December 2013

They really aim to please here. Everything is spotless, the staff is incredible friendly, and the free breakfast and dinner can't be beat. I also appreciated the food and drinks available for purchase, as well as the laundry facilities…with two small kids, it had everything we didn't even know we would need!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tara_AGM_HW, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2017
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Safe travels!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I called the hotel to ask them if they could get a particular brand of almond milk into my refrigerator before my arrival. The receptionist who answered the phone said he would do that. As promised, when I arrived exactly the right product was in my fridge. The hotel didn't bill me for the item, so I left reimbursement for the receptionist who went out of his way to get it for me. The evening dinner was tasty, and the wine flowed freely. The young lady and the man who worked the dinner operation did a good job keeping it hot, attractive, and well stocked. All of the staff was very friendly. The business center was well stocked. The breakfast was fine, though I only ate fruit since I had my almond milk protein shake. The shuttle was prompt both from and to the airport. I'd definitely stay there again. I wanted to stay longer. Everything was perfect!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

In a day road trip to Orlando to visit one of my friends' mother who is recovering after a treatment that kept her 2 1/2 months of in a hospital, my wife and I decided to book a room not far from the airport in a hotel that will allow free parking, internet and breakfast. I must admit that there are plenty of hotels with that profile, but considering that it was my wife first trip to Orlando, I wanted us to enjoy the time fully without having to worry about small details like the quality of the room, the hotel etc. So I did my homework and found couple of few interesting hotels, including this one. Then I cross-checked their reviews on Tripadvisor...by the time I was done reading, I had made my choice on Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport.

We arrived at the hotel around 7pm. The hotel is very well located, obviously near MCO (Orlando International Airport). From the first look of the outside of the hotel, we could already do "WOW". We easily parked and went straight to the front desk through a large and nicely decorated lobby. We felt really good, before even checking-in. At the front desk, a staff welcomed us with a very friendly smile and speech - we were done in no time. The staff gave us all information that we needed to know and added "are you guys hungry? Because the buffet dinner is on, including wine and beer, you should try it!". I just answered "we'll see". In my answer, I assumed they were charging for the dinner, which is quite common in non all-inclusive hotels that have restaurants. Then as we were walking to the elevator, I asked my wife the staff was telling us in a so friendly way that we should try the buffet dinner, and my wife said to me "I believe because the dinner is complimentary", and I went "No way, never happened". She insisted that she was right, but I didn't believe her, especially because I was the one who booked the room and there was nowhere mentioned about the buffet dinner. Then we got into the elevator and another staff of the hotel joined us, so I asked if the dinner was charged, I instantly got my answer: IT WAS FREE!!!!!!

We got the room, it was a spacious studio suite, clean and felt refreshing! We had more that we had hoped for, and we couldn't be happier. Internet worked fine and was free. We took a shower, changed and went down to have the famous buffet dinner that we enjoyed very much, especially the fish, it was so well made! And as we were having dinner, one of the kitchen staff would come and chat a bit with guests, making sure that everything was happy...it was very cool!

The night was quiet and we slept like babies, and that despite being the proximity of the hotel with the airport, it's actually hard to believe airplanes are landing and taking off nearby!

The following morning, the complementary buffet breakfast was as good as the dinner was, it was just great, and we really appreciated every moment spent in there - One night felt really short. As we were checking-out, we promised to ourselves to come back...for a little more than just a night - guaranteed!

Room Tip: It's hard for me to imagine any room that wouldn't be pleasant...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay! We opened about 9 months ago and we are happy to hear you are pleased with the decor, spacious suite, and the level of service you experienced. I have to agree with you about our complimentary dinner and breakfast, it is very cool! I hope you find the time to come back and stay for a little while longer the next time you are in the Orlando area. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else and we look forward to you staying with us in the future. Safe Travels!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

It was great from entering the property to the friendly staff especially Tara.This is one of the main reason we go.This hotel has great accomodations especially very clean.It has so many great restaurants all so close by.This is our second time an we will continue to go.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations during your recent stay! Thank you so much for your feedback. We really enjoy reading about the experiences that our guests have during their time with us. I know that you have many hotels to choose from and we are pleased that you chose to spend your time with us. If there is anything that you need in the future, please feel free to contact me directly! Safe Travels!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Everybody at hotel is awesome! This is my home away from home from October to January and the staff is warm and welcoming everyday. Camilo, Julian, Daly, Katherine, and Patricia are always very welcoming at the front desk, whether it's the first or serveral trip through the front door. Michelle and Danielle do an excellent job of keeping the food and beverages fresh and available. Daryl is the "man" keeping things together behind the scene and Talia keeps rooms fresh and clean. Tara is awesome at listening to guest and making sure your stay is warm and very welcoming. Tara has an excellent team and would defenitely recommend others to stay here while in Orlando area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor! I am truly happy to hear that your experience was a memorable one. Our staff takes pride in every department and I am glad it shows through our guest's experiences.We really enjoy the energy that you and your friends bring to the hotel. It is truly our pleasure to have you at the Homewood Suites and we have no hesitation in welcoming you back next year! Have a wonderful day and Happy Travels!
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Best hotel experience I had in my 43 yrs. Kids were happy as well! The room was clean and comfortable and spacious! Can not beat the price for such quality. Staff was friendly and helpful; airport service quick and easy; breakfast was great. Pool looked very nice although we didn't have the opportunity to use! Will be booking next year when we return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Safe travels!