“***Real Review*** A dream come true (9.4/10)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 229 Fun & Games in Orlando
London, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“***Real Review*** A dream come true (9.4/10)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have always wanted to shoot real guns, I have airsoft guns and a real deactivated AK47 but just holding them was never enough.

The paperwork is pretty minimal but I was shaking with excitement when filling it out so it took longer than average, they are very helpful and friendly at the front desk. They showed me how to operate the guns but I already knew the mechanics of the guns I had chosen.

I started with the BERETTA 92 - 9MM. I took it to the range and my partner (who didn't shoot) filmed me and took photos. I loaded the gun and cocked it and then I was ready to go! It kicked more than I expected for a 9mm and my accuracy wasn't great but then I realised I was shooting at 50ft.

I went back to try the GLOCK 17 - .9MM but was told that I couldn't have anymore 9mm ammo due to shortage and that I had to go up calibre (and price) This was annoying to be honest as it was transparent that they just wanted to avoid handed out cheap ammo.

So I moved up and shot the REGENT 1911 - .45 ACP. The ammo looked a lot bigger than the 9mm (as it was .45 in width) but as I found out later it's actually the length and overall amount of gunpowder that determines the kick. This gun was nice, I could have fired it all day. But it was time to move up, and I had had my eye on the 8 inch SMITH & WESSON 629 - .44.

SMITH & WESSON 629 - .44

This was a BEAST. They apparently don't let everyone shoot this as it can surprise people a lot. They also got very safety concious at this point. He looked at my groupings from my .45 shooting and said he thought I could handle it. The lady behind the counter advised I used double action as single action (cocking it first) makes the trigger a hairpin trigger. However I had this gun in a co2 full metal smith & wesson airsoft and knew that accuracy is reduced using double. I had no trouble with the single action and the accuracy on this gun is as good as the airsoft .177 version.
Loading and unloading this gun is too much fun and I miss this gun a lot. It does kick like a mule however, after 40 shots the grip was hurting my hand slightly but did I care? now onto the rifle range.

(FULLY AUTOMATIC M4) - .223/5.56MM

This kicked more than I expected so I only shot in bursts, it was also the most expensive ammo at $44 for 20. My opinion is that this mag was the only one not worth the price. Still amazing though. I couldn't aim properly as the ear and eye protection was getting in the way. I could smell the powder on this one.

CENTURY AK47 - 7.62X39

Having held this, cocked and field stripped this rifle at home I was ready for this. My accuracy with this gun was the best out of the bunch (from pretending to shoot on mine I guess) the first shot hit the little white X in the centre of the red middle of my target. It had kick but some how didn't feel as rigid as the M4.

MOSSBERG 500 - 12GA SHOTGUN

I did this to complete my set. For just $7 for 5 shells (that's all you will need I was told and BOY was he right) this was my cherry on top, only I didn't really like this cherry at all. The kick was just phenomenal. It was not a buckshot but a slug (giant bullet) which means it kicked ever so slightly more than a buckshot. After the second shot my inside chest was hurting like hell, I know this is due to being a total noob at shotguns but it was less than pleasant. It WILL hurt. The 44 revolver was a toy compared to this. I had to shoot the last two from the hip and I couldn't keep hold of the end when shooting (though enough to be safe).

Chuck behind the counter was a great guy, funny, likeable and knew his stuff. We exchanged banter about our different accents and It was fun. It did come to about $220 dollars but I would have paid triple for what I got to do. Next time I will take more and make a day of it. If you don't really care for guns than shoot a 9mm and tell people you fired a real gun. But if you LOVE guns like I do, pick your favourite, start from the smallest calibre and work your way up. I miss my holiday but not as much as I miss the range. I would do anything to be back there. I have the paper targets on my wall as posters as my shooting was better than average for a first time shooter i'm rather proud.

DO IT! and don't forget your I.D

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Mark S

San Juan, Puerto Rico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Date Yet! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to have fun. If you are first timers, don't you worry, the crew here is amazing and they will getto you ready and shooting your targets in no time. They have a variety of gun selections, whether it is a pistol or a rifle. Very clean and welcoming facilities too. Me and my girlfriend had a blast blasting some targets. LOL... If you are looking to spice things up and do something different, then jump to the opportunity of going to the Orlando Gun Club and shoot your way into fun. Special thanks to the crew at the Orlando Gun Club for making our visit a great one. Much love, Luis and Paloma from Puerto Rico!

1 Thank LuisAndre90
Reighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Shooting stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Trusted trip advisor for info on gun shops and was not disappointed. We arrived at 10am and were quickly processed and given précis instructions, Shot a 9mm Glock semi automatic pistol, AK47 and M5. What an experience! Never to be forgotten. Having shot gun before whilst on holiday I would say The Orlando Gun club is the most proffesional and we'll run place to go If you want to fire a variety of different guns in a safe and friendly atmosphere.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Westwood627
Colchester, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Excellent Service Extremely Helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Me and my wife attended while we were only holiday in Orlando, my wife was a little nervous about shooting BUT the female member of staff took her to one side and run through the ins and outs of the gun and she was ready to go on to the range.

before going on the range every safety/rule is explained in detail which also reassures you, once on the range they give you all the tuition you need in reloading/holding and shooting the weapon.

i did both the hang gun and rifle range spent around $240 and was there for about 3 1/2 hours

Thanks for everything this was defo a highlight of our holiday!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Spike_whoof
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Great service like it a lot coming back for sure
My first time in a gun club they explained everything with patience!

1 Thank Alexander G