“good... for the price”

Econo Lodge International
Ranked #230 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I had never stayed at a motel before I stayed at this facility. Nevertheless, I found this to be an adequate facility for the price, having normally stayed at Hilton for business trips, I found this hotel to be a small quiet location tucked away behind the travelodge on International drive.

I love the location of this small motel, because it's easy to get food, and a short cab ride from a lot of the parks & destinations. My one complaint would be that when I asked the hotel to call a cab, they called a LARGE van with no meter, that told me what my rate would be when I got in. This rate was $8 more then it should have been, and I had to find my own metered cabs in the end.

I would have appreciated the choice between a flat rate taxi and a metered cab.

One issue you may have is if you can't sleep with loud noises, the expressway is right outside your door.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Caleb S

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. We booked through www.hotels.com and thought we were paid in full. Upon arrival we found out we had to pay an additional $5.00 per night for a "resort fee". Whatever price you are quoted online, be sure to add another $5.00 per night to budget correctly.

Pros: Clean Room, Updated Room Decor, Great Location
Cons: Small Room, Small Pool, No Hot tub, Very Small "Breakfast" Included

Overall would we stay again? No.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heidi P
Reviewed 25 May 2013

It is a 2 Star Hotel.It was clean,Pool was nice.That was the positiv Impression.We did know about the ressort fee though it was anoying.The frontdesk clerk told us it is for the Internet and breakfast.Which was a joke.Just a lame excuse to get some extra money.We didn't feel save.Creepy people were hanging around,Police cars were patrolling .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mom-and-Kalle
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Stayed one night, costed me $45 in all, no extra facilities used. Stayed in room #115.
I had to urgently print something that night and couldn't find a place to do so nearby. The staff at the reception of travelodge, which is nearby helped me get the prints. They were extremely helpful, you might wanna check that hotel out too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed here for one night before checking into Universal. I have very mixed reviews about this hotel because it was a very mixed experienced. It is in a very convenient location to the parks or anything else you would like to do. You can walk to numerous things, but it is a very busy location also. I got a very good rate for this room with my AAA membership so I will try to be as fair as possible. The room itself is probably the smallest hotel room I have ever been in. To add to the small size they have a massive eight foot desk & very large computer chair in the room. You cannot walk between the chair & beds without touching (and I'm a pretty small person). The rooms appear to have been updated with new carpet, bedding & paint. Besides something smeared on the bathroom wall (not sure what it was), the room was very clean. There was also a large gap between the ac unit & wall that the sunlight came through and one of the windows was stained & you could not see out of it. It's pretty much like they did a half job on the updating.
With that said, it was good for one night, but I would not want to stay there for an entire trip. The location is good, the room was pretty much clean & the staff was nice. I would maybe stay again for a night, but only if there were only one or two people.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kimmyann
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is motel charges a resort fee of $5/night so add that to the price.

With that said, this was an average motel. The remodeling of the room seemed to stop at the bathroom door but the bathroom was clean and decent.

My room was was nice and clean with all the amenities ...double beds, coffee pot, iron and board, blow dryer, fridge, dresser, desk and chair, table and chair.

The older TV had a basic remote with just up and down for channel selection. There were not very many channels (a lot of sports channels) but there was TMC so I watched a few old movies I'd never seen.

Breakfast starts at 7 am but I didn't try it. If you like to sit by the pool in the morning, you can't. Pool opens at 8 am and it's locked.

I was traveling on business so I can't comment on how close it is to theme parks, etc. but it is in the middle of a lot of other motels and they advertise a free shuttle. It is close to a lot of restaurants such as Chili's, TGIFriday's, Pirate's Tavern, and it's next door to the CSI Experience.

One tip: You have to turn into the Travel Lodge parking lot and go past it to get to the Econo Lodge. Don't make the mistake I did and go into the Travel Lodge lobby. Travel Lodge is blue, Econo Lodge is orange. What can I say, it had been a long day. :-/

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor and even though motel was full, it was quiet.