“Will NOT STAY Here AGAIN!!!!”

Econo Lodge International
Ranked #222 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here in august 2013 with my kids husband & son in-law so I had 3 rooms I wish I paid more money and stayed in another hotel.... Got to Orlando from NYC early asked if I can check in to Only One of my rooms and they wanted to charge me 40$ extra for early check-in I said no thank u I stayed in better hotels and was never asked for early check in fee and on top of that they don't tell you that they put a hold on ur credit card for the amount of one night fee...
Pool is in the middle of the parking lot rooms felt dirty and damp refrigerator didn't work called front desk they send the maintenance guy he switches buttons and says I be back later to check HELLO!!!!! I did that before I called I know how to turn a button, he comes back and says these refrigerators are not meant to make things cold just to keep cool.... Huh??? I stayed in many hotels I know how it works housekeeper pushed on door without announcing herself lucky I had the safety latch on one of my rooms had a broke security latch some of the towels I used were folded and put back, so yep my towels weren't changed just picked up from the floor and put back... Bed was not changed in the 7days we were there.Only thing good about this motel is when u walk out the hotel because it in a perfect location
But it's not worth it
I will not stay on this property ever when I complained to corporate they offered me a 20% discount for my next stay I said "No Thank You" I have a degree in Hotel Management & worked on other properties before so I what to look for

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Latinoheat31869
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge International

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great location on International Drive and ideal if you don't want to drive in the evenings. It is set back from International Drive and close to interstate 4. Many restaurants, bars and shops close buy. Wet and Wild within walking distance. The place is fine for a budget short stay. Swimming pool area basic and clean. Bedroom was absolutely fine, well equiped and provided a good nights sleep. Included breakfast is a bit of a joke but saves you making coffee in the bedroom.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the reception/pool end of the accommodation and the upper level. Interstate 4...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CB2111
Reviewed 22 February 2014

For a low rate your in a great location for some I-drive fun. poor breakfast food but everything is nearby for a great meal. I liked the open hallways because I don,t like enclosed hallways but that's just me.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank beachlet
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My partner and I spent 4 nights at this hotel. We didn't want to spend much money but wanted to be on International Drive, so cost/location were great! Front desk staff was very helpful (especially Melvin).

The beds were surprisingly clean and comfortable, but the carpet was dirty, toilet always running, it smelt of mold and bathroom floor had holes in it. If you're looking for a quiet room, this is not it - we could hear the traffic from the highway at all times and could hear our neighbors' conversations/sneeze/TV.

***BUYER BEWARE: buy tickets from the ticket booth/travel assistance desk in the lobby at your own risk. We were sold over-priced old tickets and had to spend 3 nights in a row arguing with staff before we got a refund. In our experience, it's best to either purchase online or just wait and buy them when you get to the theme park!

All in all, we got what we paid for and it gave us a place to sleep for a few nights.

Room Tip: Rooms further from the highway were supposed to be less noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

The saying goes you get what you pay for and that is true of this hotel. At a great nightly rate you get somewhere clean, reasonably quiet, really well located and it offers free parking, coffee making facilities and free wifi.

For a couple like my wife and I who spent most of our time out and about and had no interest in the "continental breakfast" on offer it provided a base to leave early get back late and sleep in. The room was basic, the TV ancient but it worked fine and the only contact we had with the staff was on checking in and checking out and on both occasions they were not rude but more interested in conversations with a co-worker but as I said at the beginning you get what you pay for.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James1811
Reviewed 26 January 2014

the servico by the receptionist Andrea Ramirez is excellent. The hotel is well situated for access to Universal parks is excelenta is in the international dr to a street in which there are restaurants of all kinds and the price is according to the service and facilities provided .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Second time staying at this place, first time was such a different experience than the second but there will never be a third.
Front desk staff are the rudest and most unhelpful ppl ever ! Instead of taking a secuirty deposit of $72.44 they took $724.44 which will not be cleared on my card for 30days ! I was away on my own with 2 children having this money frozen was a nightmare,it completley ruined our holiday.
The staff done nothing to help me and kept saying it was nothing to do with them even though its them that put the deposit on the card and as for the dopey receiptionist she doesnt seem to know what day it is!
If you want to enjoy your holiday and not have unwanted stress avoid this place, cheap it may be ,cheerful it most certainly is not !!!! A really HORRIBLE place !!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family