“Cheap and clean”

Ranked #218 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Barcelona
“Cheap and clean”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Good value for money. The rooms are a bit old but are clean and you get what you pay for. It has a free shuttle that goes to Universal and Disney Parks. It goes to other hotels as well so it might take more time than going by car. We didn't use the pool because the weather wasn't warm enough but it seemed nice. A lot of restaurants nearby. The street is a bit busy with traffic at the end of the day so you might need a little patience. Safe street.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank arane8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 31 March 2014

You definitely get what you pay for at the EconoLodge. We stayed at the EconoLodge for 5 days in March. It is as it is described, nothing more and nothing less. The EconoLodge is situated behind the Travelodge, so it takes to minute to understand this and find the reception. The breakfast is very basic, if you can even call it breakfast. All they offer is mini muffins and mini cinnabons with orange juice and coffee, and that is if you make it in time. If you go down a bit late, you usually don’t find anything at all. The breakfast area is exceptionally small, not at all adequate enough to accommodate the amount of people at the hotel. And they want you to eat in the breakfast area and not take food out of that area, which is almost impossible if the area is overflowing with people. The room itself is adequate, as advertised. The tv is outdated, but the availability of channel options was adequate. We found the room clean and comfortable, if a bit shabby. There is only one shuttle a day that goes to Magic Kingdom/Universal Studios, and one return shuttle. The return shuttle from Magic Kingdom was only at 11:30pm leaving, which left us standing in the cold for over an hour, as the shuttle arrived late as well. On the positive side, it is centrally situated on International Drive, so it is very close (within walking distance) to many eateries and close to public transport routes, so getting around is very easy. You won’t need a car (although we had one) as the public transport is easily accessible. For a budget hotel, it is just okay. If you can find one for the same price but better ratings, take it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Positive:
-Renovated couple of years ago
-Clean
-Free parking slot
-Great location at international drive. Only 10-20 min drive to amusement parks

Negative:
-The First room smelled of tobacco
-The staff did not understand English very well.
-Low maintenance: Everything little bit broken. Our safe didn't work at all

Room Tip: If the room smells remember require a new one.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Marcos, California
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

This time of year hotel prices are through the roof. This place was the cheapest around. Didn't feel too cheap. Apart from damp smell in room it was perfectly clean and sufficient. Excellent location on international drive. Breafast was adequate. Internet speed only 0.25 mbps download and 4 mpbs upload

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank crazysocktv
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in august 2013 with my kids husband & son in-law so I had 3 rooms I wish I paid more money and stayed in another hotel.... Got to Orlando from NYC early asked if I can check in to Only One of my rooms and they wanted to charge me 40$ extra for early check-in I said no thank u I stayed in better hotels and was never asked for early check in fee and on top of that they don't tell you that they put a hold on ur credit card for the amount of one night fee...
Pool is in the middle of the parking lot rooms felt dirty and damp refrigerator didn't work called front desk they send the maintenance guy he switches buttons and says I be back later to check HELLO!!!!! I did that before I called I know how to turn a button, he comes back and says these refrigerators are not meant to make things cold just to keep cool.... Huh??? I stayed in many hotels I know how it works housekeeper pushed on door without announcing herself lucky I had the safety latch on one of my rooms had a broke security latch some of the towels I used were folded and put back, so yep my towels weren't changed just picked up from the floor and put back... Bed was not changed in the 7days we were there.Only thing good about this motel is when u walk out the hotel because it in a perfect location
But it's not worth it
I will not stay on this property ever when I complained to corporate they offered me a 20% discount for my next stay I said "No Thank You" I have a degree in Hotel Management & worked on other properties before so I what to look for

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Latinoheat31869

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Wilmslow
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great location on International Drive and ideal if you don't want to drive in the evenings. It is set back from International Drive and close to interstate 4. Many restaurants, bars and shops close buy. Wet and Wild within walking distance. The place is fine for a budget short stay. Swimming pool area basic and clean. Bedroom was absolutely fine, well equiped and provided a good nights sleep. Included breakfast is a bit of a joke but saves you making coffee in the bedroom.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the reception/pool end of the accommodation and the upper level. Interstate 4...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CB2111
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2014

For a low rate your in a great location for some I-drive fun. poor breakfast food but everything is nearby for a great meal. I liked the open hallways because I don,t like enclosed hallways but that's just me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo