“Warm, friendly, and wonderful”

Cascade American Bistro
Ranked #1,004 of 3,775 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SR 535
Description: Serves breakfast, lunch, dinner. Located inside Hyatt Grand Cypress
TravelingGal99
“Warm, friendly, and wonderful”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I walked directly here after a service issue at Hemingways. The places could not have been more different. I was welcomed and seated and the server appeared immediately. My order came out quickly and piping hot. (Clam chowder with more diced clams than I've ever seen in any chowder.) What I really wanted, however, was ice cream for dessert. I was pretty full by that time, however, so when I saw the enormous hot fudge sundae on the dessert tray, I said I simply couldn't eat that much. The waiter replied that they had many lighter offerings and would I like to see them. Of course I would! Still too large for me so he happily brought out a small dish of ice cream with a tablespoon or two of hot fudge. Exactly what I wanted. And he OFFERED it.

It may not be the most gourmet restaurant at the Hyatt but the staff seems genuinely happy to be here and happy you are there too. Even at 10 PM on a Saturday night. I'd gladly go back.

• Visited December 2013

Buffalo, New York
“Great Lunch Place”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Had lunch here during a conference stay and we were at the head of a large group of folks entering at the same time. Had a caser salad and a crab cake and both were excellent. Everyone at our table was happy with their food and the waiter and staff did a great job of meeting our needs in a reasonable amount of time. Was pricey but as expected in a nice hotel.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“just not good”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

the waiters offer items off the menu but on the buffet price ........ it has a threatening feel to it
the food offer for breakfast is weak ...........i say go somewhere else for half the price
restaurant closed for lunches and dinnersas it was booked out for weddings

Visited November 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Excellent +”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

An excellent resturant. If we lived closer we would visit just for this venue. Spent an adult get away and had lunch, dinner and breakfast at this wonderful resturant.

Dinner: The sushi chef is world reknown and you can tell...excellent...top notch. The rest of the options were well made, healthy and fresh. it is clear that the chef's at this place are just that, chef's and not simply cooks.

Breakfast: Had the buffet and it was above and beyond the usual breakfast buffets of other places. Fresh baked breads, meats, cheeses, and oriental breakfast station as well as the usual standard fare of eggs bacon and such. It comes at a premium price, but its a premium buffet.

Lunch: Even the chicken wings were gourmet and unique. Flatbreads excellent. We enjoyed this lunch so much we cancelled our dinner reservations at Hemmingways and decided to do this instead.

This resturant is top notch all around, Highly recommended!!!

• Visited October 2013
Venice, Florida
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had both breakfast and dinner (twice) at Cascades. Great service and many choices for both meals. Glad they had a sushi bar which added to our evening meal. Their servers are veterans. Many have been there for over a decade. They know how to do it right and engage with the customers. They made your dining experience wonderful.

We even met with a very cheerful, 21 year old, bubbly supervisor, who sat down with us, as i "lectured" her about the use of the term, "guys" to older folks like me. It started our day off on a great note.

Our evening waiter was from Egypt and was someday was going to be a medical doctor. What a wonderful server. We asked for him the second night because of such a wonderful experience. He models the Hyatt image of great service.

• Visited October 2013