“Very Good Upscale Restaurant -”
Review of Cascade American Bistro - CLOSED

Cascade American Bistro
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SR 535
Description: Serves breakfast, lunch, dinner. Located inside Hyatt Grand Cypress
Reviewed 29 December 2013

For the past several years we have celebrated the holiday season with about 25 family members at the Cascade Restaurant. Going on a Sunday afternoon, we basically have the restaurant to ourselves. Our meals are consistently delicious as is the service for the special holiday family party. It's is always a fun time and great place to take some family photos around the Christmas trees.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at Hyatt for a week, so we were here daily for breakfast, but also had a dinner here.
Breakfasts are great. Service is always impeccable. Staff is very friendly and do anything they can to accommodate you.

As it goes for dinner - honestly, way better than other around the area restaurants, from service to food. It's seriously a 5-star service.
Sea bass was delicious, I'm definitely coming back.

PS: This was my 8 years old favorite as well. If they managed to impress a kid with service - that tells you something about quality their service.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I walked directly here after a service issue at Hemingways. The places could not have been more different. I was welcomed and seated and the server appeared immediately. My order came out quickly and piping hot. (Clam chowder with more diced clams than I've ever seen in any chowder.) What I really wanted, however, was ice cream for dessert. I was pretty full by that time, however, so when I saw the enormous hot fudge sundae on the dessert tray, I said I simply couldn't eat that much. The waiter replied that they had many lighter offerings and would I like to see them. Of course I would! Still too large for me so he happily brought out a small dish of ice cream with a tablespoon or two of hot fudge. Exactly what I wanted. And he OFFERED it.

It may not be the most gourmet restaurant at the Hyatt but the staff seems genuinely happy to be here and happy you are there too. Even at 10 PM on a Saturday night. I'd gladly go back.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Had lunch here during a conference stay and we were at the head of a large group of folks entering at the same time. Had a caser salad and a crab cake and both were excellent. Everyone at our table was happy with their food and the waiter and staff did a great job of meeting our needs in a reasonable amount of time. Was pricey but as expected in a nice hotel.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

the waiters offer items off the menu but on the buffet price ........ it has a threatening feel to it
the food offer for breakfast is weak ...........i say go somewhere else for half the price
restaurant closed for lunches and dinnersas it was booked out for weddings