“I would definitely return”
Review of Chai Thai Cuisine

Chai Thai Cuisine
Ranked #599 of 3,827 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai
Crestview, Florida
“I would definitely return”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Friday evening. It is not an overly large restaurant, but there is ample seating. We were greeted and seated quickly and our waiter, although new and not real knowledgeable on everything on the menu, was very friendly and courteous and quickly got answers to anything we asked that he was not yet aware of. We orderd one order of the spring rolls which were amazing. They were fresh and hot and I would recommend anyone order them. I ordered a cashew chicken dish Thai Hot, and my husband ordered a beef dish, extra Thai Hot. Both dishes were full of flavor and the portions were large enough that we both took food home. The only "but" I might mention is that although my husband and I both love Thai hot, the version of Thai Hot this restaurant serves is slightly beyond. Be wary when you order that you can handle the heat. In addition, my husband ordered an iced Chai Tea. It was delicious. He liked it so much, I had to try it. I would recommend it. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area looking for good Thai food at an affordable price.

• Visited June 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Good Food; Good Service; Good Value.”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have dined at Chai Thai several times when visiting friends in the Hunters Creek area and have had a very good meal each time we have dined there. The service is very attentive and they try to make sure they serve the food at the right hotness level for each of the people they are serving which is good for a Thai Restaurant.

My usual measure of a Thai Restaurant is to order Tom Kha Gai and Yum Beef Salad and both were very good. I asked for some extra limes for the salad and they brought both the limes and some extra dressing.

We've had the Phad Thai and it is also very good. Not great but better than many of the Thai Restaurants in Orlando and there are quite a few.

Overall, we like the place a lot. It's in a strip mall and it's hardly elegant but it's clean and nicely decorated and the people are friendly and try very hard to provide a good dining experience. We like it and plan to visit it any time we're in the area.

• Visited December 2013
Kissimmee, Florida
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I went solely because of the raving reviews, but didn't experience what others did.

The most expensive fried rice I've ever ordered, at $16.95, proved tasteless, in spite of the curry. How do you screw that up? I've had a similar dish twice before in town, paying half the price for way better food. Add to that a nosy, obnoxious server and a piece of PLASTIC WRAPPING in my wife's Pad Thai, which was underwhelming in flavor as well. Top it off with being charged extra for toppings (bean spouts) that should've been plentiful in the dish in the first place, and you have a nightmare dinner you will want to avoid.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mister_J_Man
Charleston, SC
“Not the best Thai.......expected better!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We went here based on TA reviews and were somewhat disappointed. My husband had Pad Thai and said that it missed the mark. I had green curry and although the flavor was very good. The vegetables were sorely over cooked which was quite disappointing. Perhaps it was rewarmed from a previous serving..... I missed the freshness of crisp vegetables. It was just okay and we left feeling we could have done better.

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great neighborhood Thai food!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This is a family-run gem in the Hunter's Creek neighborhood in South Orlando. Service is incredibly friendly and efficient. Special requests are no problem. The food is fresh and flavorful and portions are huge for the price - you'll have leftovers. The curry is very good - and "hot" truly means hot. They don't "americanize" the heat. Definitely have the mango sticky rice for dessert.

• Visited August 2013