“Awesome time!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Awesome time!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Me and my sister both in our early 20's stayed at the cabana from May 28 till June 5. We loved it and the rooms were small but work for us. We stayed at the castaway which we loved the music. It was loud but didn't mind it. If you want quiet stay at the starlight. Thunderbird wasn't far at all we walked all over. The pool was great , clean and awesome. We did go on the slides which was awesome. We ate at the bay dinner at least twice or once per day which we loved the employees and the food. We took the bus all the time never waited more then 5 mins. The ticket center helped us get shuttles at seaworld and the water parks. We did go to the game room which was great. Didn't go bowling wish we did look awesome. The employees where great they said hi and ask if we need helped. When we check in she gave us a map and show us were we where. So we had awesome time and we are coming back. They did not charge anything to our card they ask first. The maids did great too we left laptops , phones and chargers out and they left everything were we put it.

Room Tip: If you want quiet stay at starlight
6 Thank Margaret M
Universal's C, Manager at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We are thrilled to hear you had a great time during your stay! Thank you for writing a review to let us know about your experience. It’s great that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities, such as our Game-O-Rama game room and our Cabana Courtyard Pool.

We hope you get a chance to enjoy a game at Galaxy Bowl on your next visit!

Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,743)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We went the week after memorial day 2014- so the hotel was not fully sold out and there are still some rooms under construction.
We flew in from Denver so arrived at the hotel at 11- we were starving but all restaurants and bars shut down at 11- so they gave us a card with pizza delivery phone numbers on it. Even If the pool bar or room service had been available- all they serve is pizza! so the food selection is way too limited! They have a big cafeteria with other choices- but it also had the same limited hours.
We had a suite that sleeps up to 6- with 2 Queens and a living area with a pullout couch separated by a sliding pocket door. We had 4 people- 6 would have been tight. The closet is very small
Although we were on vacation, I needed to do some work and attend a couple of conference calls. There was NO quiet are in the entire hotel- my kids were napping so I couldn't take the call from the room and they blare the music from every possible corner of the hotel.
The gift shop did not sell newspapers- which was a source if irritation for my husband
The overall facility was new and clean, but our housekeeping was very limited. We were there for 5 nights, and had to beg for refills on shampoo and conditioner. They never took our used towels unless we put them outside-but they did drop off new towels. We really feel like our tub was never even wiped down during our visit. If we go back to Orlando as a family, we definitely would choose someplace else to stay.

Room Tip: facing the pool is loud, but the other sides face construction sites- so I don't know if there i...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cindy f
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We apologize that you felt there was a lack of variety in our food selection. Through feedback such as yours, we are able to better understand our guests’ preferences and needs.

We sincerely regret the inconveniences you experienced throughout your stay and the lack of consistency in our housekeeping service.

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback so that we can ensure future guests do not have similar experiences by making our team aware of your particular situation.

Saint Petersburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was a beautiful hotel for our weekend stay. We had a suite which was roomy and love the 60 and 70's décor. It a fun atmosphere. Nothing plain about this place. Beautiful pool area and fire pit for evenings steps away from the bar. The food is yummy and dining area is roomy. Shuttle service available. Enjoyed my trip and already the next.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pebbles1414
Universal's C, Manager at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We’re thrilled to learn that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We’re very glad that you enjoyed our Cabana Courtyard Pool, and our fire pit.

Be sure to visit us again once our Lazy River Courtyard and Hideaway Bar and Grill open later this summer. You’re going to love them!

Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family stayed at the Cabana Bay Resort Hotel from May 28th to June 2nd (rm 3446) and had the best time!!!! From the moment we walked to the front desk, we were greeted with friendly smiles and helpful, knowledgeable staff who was able to answer every question without fail or able to find someone who could quickly. The housekeeping staff was generous, courteous and thorough. We only asked for service 1 day and was very happy with their work. They even set my children's stuffed animals up on the bed and lined our shoes against the wall. The staff in the food court were wonderful people to talk to. They made us feel like people and not just customers. While I was taking photos, one gentleman working offered to take one of the family so I could be in it. He told of his passion for being a photographer and thanked us for talking to him. We met so many amazing people from so many different places, it was a terrific experience. There are only 2 things I would change about the Cabana Bay. First, we stayed in a family suite with a kitchenette. We thought it should have a roll of paper towels with it. We didn't want to wash dishes and cups with the hotel's towels so we just kind of used napkins but that was a little messy. Second, the elevator doors seem to close pretty quickly. While walking out, my son got caught between the doors and it squeezed him to the point of leaving marks on his arms. That is something that worries me because my son is tough. If it happened to a smaller child, they could be seriously injured. I really hope that someone takes care of that, for safety sake. I was going to say something about the fact that the pool and pool-side bar closes too early, but they seemed to have listened to earlier customers. While we were there, they changed to time from 10pm to 11pm. I actually think it should be midnight, but that's just my opinion. After reading other reviews, my family is very confused as to how anyone could be disappointed with this place. Some complained of the music and noise going into the night. To them, I say WHATEVER. It's called the Cabana Bay Beach Resort! It sounds like a place to have fun! Others complained of the food served in the food court. It is suppose to be a value resort and the food was great! Tasty, and plenty of it. I didn't expect London broil but they made some killer Swedish meatballs and tofu stir-fry. And lastly, to those complaining about the staff, just be nice and they will be nice. They are people, too! All the people from the Cabana Bay, Universal Studios and the Islands of Adventure were fantastic! Any issues we had, no matter how big or small, were addressed with efficiency and enthusiasm. And the bus drivers had the greatest personalities and senses of humor. They made us laugh the whole way to the park and back. My family got so many compliments on how nice we were. It makes me wonder what kind of people they have to deal with on a daily basis. Everyone was happy to help us make the best family vacation ever! And it was! Many great thanks goes to the staff at Cabana Bay Resort Hotel for giving us memories that will last a lifetime!

3 Thank Reid J
Waxahachie, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I will preface this by saying that I am not a picky person in the least, and typically when I read bad reviews still give a place a chance for me to make my own opion.

We were very excited to have a 14th birthday celebration for our daughter over Memorial Day weekend. Normally when we go to Orlando we do both Disney and Universal Studios because we love them both. Typically we stay on Disney property and then off-site for our Universal portion of our vacation. This time we were doing only Universal, so we decided to give their newest hotel a try. The hotel itself is very nice and we were not disappointed in this, the staff we encountered were all very pleasant as well. The transportation to the parks was very efficient and we never waited long. The room that we stayed in I would smell a distinct vomit smell close to the sink and refrigerator. I smelt it the entire time that we were there and could not figure out where the smell was coming from, this was not pleasant. I did not like that the room with the toilet did not have exhaust fans, this was unusual to me. I am used to Disney resorts where you spend a whole day in the parks and then come back and are able to get into the pool. They don't have a fence around the pool, and although there are posted pool signs, we have always been told as long as no one gets noisy they don't ask people to leave the pool ever. Here you don't even have that option because of the fence put around the pool. I did not like the fact that we had to pay for parking to stay there as well, I did read this beforehand and was not surprised, but at Disney we have never been charged to park our car. Again, the physical resort itself I have no issues with, but I definitely would not pay to stay there again. As expensive as it is to stay here, it seems that you should have free parking and be able to enjoy the pool anytime that you want.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Lmbtrfly
Thank you for your honest feedback. We sincerely apologize if your experience was not up to your expectations and for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay.
We would like an opportunity to further discuss your stay with us.

Please reach out to us at customerservice@cabanabayorlando.com with the best way to contact you. Please include your TripAdvisor Username in your email. We look forward to being in touch with you soon.

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Management
Oviedo, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at Cabana Bay for 3 nights last week. We stayed in the family suite and there were 6 of us. The property is clean and the staff very helpful. The kids had great fun in the pool. The suite is very small but we didn't spend much time in the room so it really didn't matter. There are 3 different bathroom type areas and they are pretty awkward. There is a small room with a toilet and no fan or anything. Housekeeping gave us a bottle of air freshener which helped. Then there is the sink area and then another room with a sink and shower. The dressers are really awkwardly placed - when a drawer is open it touches the side of the bed. We like it but just wanted to point out things that others may have difficulty with. On the very plus side - we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for the shuttle to or from the parks.

5 Thank Karen F
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay! Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our bathrooms also provide ventilation system, however it is not the traditional fan system that you need to turn on. It is always on where the air is being filtered out through a fan located deeper in the duct and additional air is provided through the closet, thus eliminating fan noise.

Thank you for your kind compliments on our staff and we’re glad to hear your kids had fun at our Cabana Courtyard Pool.

We look forward to your next visit to Cabana Bay!

Worcester, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Everything about this place was good. It has a great atmosphere and is in a great location. Room was perfect and the hotel had all the amenities I look for whilst on holiday. Parking was plentiful and secure, so paying $10 per night is not so bad. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would I return - definitely. Would I recommend this hotel to family and friends - definitely.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple