Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$176
US$152
US$114
US$94
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$100
US$81
US$477
US$449
US$418
US$321
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$65
Cancelon
16,381 results
All reviewsbowling alleylazy riverbayliner dinerfamily suitecity walkretro themezest soapcontinental buildinguniversal studiosearly admissionthe busharry potterearly accesscafeteria stylefire pitfood courthalloween horror nights
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This place was awesome! It was the perfect place to take my 10 and 8 year old boys. We were able to get into Universal early (7 am) and spent all morning at the park. In the afternoon we would come back to the hotel to swim and eat then go back to the park in the evening to ride more rides. The hotel has several activities with two pool areas; Ping-Pong, nightly movies, volleyball, lazy river, shuffle board, sandy beach, bowling, arcade. The price for food and drinks was fantastic. We expected to pay a lot more based on being at a big resort. Don't bother bringing an inflatable ring for the lazy river. The price for a cool inflatable noodle is $8. The shuttle busses were cool and we didn't have to wait more than 5-10 minutes. Check in was easy and fast around 9 pm. Starbucks right next to the gift shop was a definite plus. The hotel did a great job with the 60's theme. We are already planning on coming back next year. The price was around $249 a night. I hope this helps you choose.

Room Tip: We had a family suite overlooking the parking lot. It was not a big deal since we were only in the room to change and to sleep. If we were to stay longer than a weekend I would get a room closer to the pool area for my young boys. It just seemed like they are closer to the activities in the resort. The suites are a little small but the refrigerator and the microwave was awesome. I wouldn't pay more for a better room unless you're staying longer than a weekend. They all looked the same. The food court had a good selection and the prices were decent for a resort. A bottle of wine was only $12!!! The rooms are very cold which is good after a hot day. Extra blankets in the closet.
3  Thank rebekah s
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We live in central florida so we only stayed one night. This is a great resort for kids. Lots to do nice pools, arcade, recreation room, places to play outside. Room was clean and appropriate. I have to say I was not impressed with the large groups of adolescent foreign travelers. Loud vulgar language and inappropriate hand gestures were just a few things I did not need my children ages 7-9 seeing from this group. Other than that and housekeeping knocking on our door at 8:30am asking when we were checking out. Last I saw check out was 11:00. All and all we had a great time my kids can't wait to come back. My advice for couples looking for a relaxing resort you may want to look elsewhere this is definitely a kid friendly resort.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Madsmom456
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We always stay at Disney resorts and only strayed away from that once and stayed at Nickelodeon (and it was awful) so we were a little nervous. This resort was amazing, we were happy from the minute we got there! The pool was great, the little extras like the pool table, horseshoes etc. were so fun! The rooms were great we just had a wonderful stay and would certainly recommend it.

7  Thank Theroders3
Reviewed 13 July 2014

What a fabulous time we had at this "value resort" gem!! Its old style theme is very unique and the amenities are wonderful! Throughout the resort there are great iconic flashback items, I loved the music, I felt like I was in the old classic movie “Where the Boy’s Are” (without the drama, of course)! The kids had an awesome time at the pool, slide and lazy river. They offer so many things for the kids to do. There are 2 great bars for the adults and restaurant. An old style fitness center, a huge arcade and get this.. a 10 lane bowling alley. We didn’t want to leave. The accommodations were clean and so comfortable. I loved that they had VO5 and zest! The Staff was helpful and so friendly!! I had a tiny issue with 1 (who may not have been properly trained) but it was handled fast and easy by an amazing Manager, I think his name was Maurice Cioos, who went over and beyond to accommodate and apologize..again it was minor.. but I’m very impressed!! I look forward to returning soon! My kids had a blast and I got much need relaxation! Well done Universal!!

16  Thank EJewelS73
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here the week of the Diagonal Alley opening. The hotel is beautifully decorated, but loses a lot of its appeal because the staff is not friendly. We stayed in a family suite which was clean and comfortable. The pools were both nice. We really enjoyed the lazy river, but were disappointed to find out you had to buy the floats. I don't recall seeing that on the hotel website. They also charge for parking which was a surprise as well. The bus system was nice. The buses ran frequently and most of the drivers were friendly and very informative. If you have questions I suggest asking them instead of the hotel staff. We spoke with multiple hotel staff during our stay, most of which were snappy and rude. We are annual pass holders, so we will definitely go back to the area, but this won't be our first choice for a hotel. They really need to do some customer service training if they want to compete with Disney.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mom0306
Universal's C, Manager at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication about our parking charges and the Lazy River floats when you booked your reservation. While we do offer tubes/floats for sale that may be used in our Lazy River, it certainly isn’t required to have a pleasant time while relaxing in the river. Also, if guests wish to bring their own tubes, we are happy to fill them free of charge.

We are very sorry to hear that your experience with our Team Members was less than stellar. One of our goals is for every guest to feel at home and for their interaction with our Team Members to be both enjoyable and pleasant. We apologize if this was not the case. Please know that through your valuable feedback, we are able to further train our staff on the great customer service we strive to provide to our guests.

We certainly hope your next stay with us is fun and memorable.

Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Management