“Great Hotel for Adults without Kids”

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #60 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were visiting family at Orlando and were looking for a hotel where we could go an enjoy ourselves in the last few days of our trip. The Cabana Bay was the perfect spot.Two huge pools with lifeguards open until 11pm at night. Plenty of bars to get your drink and relax at the pools during the day. Room service until midnight -( the pizzas are great). A huge dinner where you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner if you don't want to leave the hotel. If you want to be more active there is a bowling alley with 5 or 6 lanes, an arcade and a full scale gym with cardio and selectorized machines or free weights. Complementary transportation and access to all the clubs at City Walk until 2am. The last day of our stay we rented one of the cabanas in front of the pool because we wanted to watch the Brazil vs Germany Soccer match. This cabanas are well put together with a 37 or 42 flat screen tv, a table with 4 chairs, mini fridge with water , a fan and 2 long chairs for you to lay out and a safe for you to put anything of value you might want to protect. All for $100 for the entire day until 11pm. All I can say is that we had a great time at this hotel for a fraction of what a Disney or the Other Universal Hotels would cost. You need to buy at least 1 single day park admission to get many of the perks that I mentioned.

Room Tip: buy some essentials like bottle water and snacking food because prizes are like eating at the airpor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank raveman2473
There are newer reviews for Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Reviewed 14 July 2014

When I was told it would sleep 6, one bedroom, I had my doubts. There are two queen beds and a closing wall. The living area has a sleeper sofa. Plenty of room....and I was able to baby-sit while my daughter and her husband enjoyed City Walk. We did have an extra early hour at the park, but it was still a 70 minute line.....we had a fun time at the parks, enjoyed the pool, and movie by the pool at night. Loved it all, but one comment is that the food court had great food, but after picking up the food, waiting in line for the cashier to ring you up, walk to your table, the food is cold. Maybe they could put some lids on the trays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LadyLisa2013
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were there July 8 to July 13. Our beds were made twice Nothing else done in the room. Our garbage was not emptied once. The rooms for six were nice but didn't have enough space for clothes. Everything but the maid service was excellent. The people greeting us when we first got there were super.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Amycarme
Universal's C, Manager at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Thank you for your kind compliments on our Team Members. We sincerely apologize for the lack of consistency in your housekeeping. We would like an opportunity to further discuss your stay with us. Please reach out to us at customerservice@cabanabayorlando.com with the best way to contact you and please include your TripAdvisor username. We look forward to being in touch with you soon.

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Management

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Cabana Bay over the 4th of July weekend. We were not thrilled!!! We were there for three nights and two of those days our room went uncleaned. When we arrived there was hair all over the bathroom, tub and floor. The transportation was ok going, but if you were using it going back to the hotel after the park closed, good luck. We waited an hour and a half, some people opted to walk back to the hotel. We decided not to with two little kids at night. When we told the front desk of our displeasure, we were told to contact Universal, well let me say this I will never, ever stay on Universal property ever again. They are not Disney. We have always stayed on Disney property, and any issue has been rectified on the spot. Universal really needs to get some lessons on customer service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Marleen S

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We are very sorry to hear that our Resort was not up to your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the lack of consistency in your housekeeping service and for the inconvenience you experienced at CityWalk with your transportation.

Our goal is for every guest to have a fun, happy experience at our Resort, and we regret that this was not your experience.

We hope your next stay at Cabana Bay will be more enjoyable.

Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Management

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I took my nieces and son to stay here. The family suite was very accommodating. I thought the room was nicely furnished with plenty of room and storage. The pool area was very nice, but I was disappointed that one had to buy a tube for the lazy river. Other places I've been provided them. The food court offered a nice variety of food with some healthy choices for reasonable prices. The staff were super nice. One of my nieces got strep throat, and the front desk recommended a service where the doctor came to the resort with prescription meds. Made a bad situation much less hectic. An important note: staying here does not include "skip the line" in the amusement parks like at the other Lowes hotels. But for the price of the rooms, it's cheaper just to add that feature to the ticket. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CCR227
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This place was awesome! It was the perfect place to take my 10 and 8 year old boys. We were able to get into Universal early (7 am) and spent all morning at the park. In the afternoon we would come back to the hotel to swim and eat then go back to the park in the evening to ride more rides. The hotel has several activities with two pool areas; Ping-Pong, nightly movies, volleyball, lazy river, shuffle board, sandy beach, bowling, arcade. The price for food and drinks was fantastic. We expected to pay a lot more based on being at a big resort. Don't bother bringing an inflatable ring for the lazy river. The price for a cool inflatable noodle is $8. The shuttle busses were cool and we didn't have to wait more than 5-10 minutes. Check in was easy and fast around 9 pm. Starbucks right next to the gift shop was a definite plus. The hotel did a great job with the 60's theme. We are already planning on coming back next year. The price was around $249 a night. I hope this helps you choose.

Room Tip: We had a family suite overlooking the parking lot. It was not a big deal since we were only in the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank rebekah s
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We live in central florida so we only stayed one night. This is a great resort for kids. Lots to do nice pools, arcade, recreation room, places to play outside. Room was clean and appropriate. I have to say I was not impressed with the large groups of adolescent foreign travelers. Loud vulgar language and inappropriate hand gestures were just a few things I did not need my children ages 7-9 seeing from this group. Other than that and housekeeping knocking on our door at 8:30am asking when we were checking out. Last I saw check out was 11:00. All and all we had a great time my kids can't wait to come back. My advice for couples looking for a relaxing resort you may want to look elsewhere this is definitely a kid friendly resort.

Stayed: July 2014