17,580 results
All reviewsbowling alleylazy riverbayliner dinercity walkfamily suiteretro themezest soapcontinental buildinggalaxy bowluniversal studiosearly admissionthe busharry potterearly accesscafeteria stylefire pitfood court
Reviewed 15 December 2017

This could be said for anywhere else, really. But the service in general was not what we were expecting. The employees and staff on the whole did not contribute to our excitement or engage with us beyond a transactional experience. I will say that the transportation to and from the resort/parks was outstanding. We never waited for a transport shuttle. I'd likely not stay here on future vacations. I'd probably just take a shorter Universal stop as an add-on rather than a headline attraction. It was too cold during our stay to visit Volcano Bay, but it did look like a lot of fun.
The rooms were spacious and clean. We all slept very comfortably. No issues at all with the room itself.
The app for the parks was awful. It was glitchy and routinely wouldn't load upon entry to the parks. The wait times it showed were really helpful though. We didn't use the dining plan on suggestion of our travel agent and I'm glad we didn't. The food cost at the parks were expectedly outrageous and as the meal plan gives you individual tickets, I'm glad I passed on paying extra for that. After the room tickets, the city walk passes, and everyone's park tickets for my family of 5, I already felt like I was walking around with a deck of cards in my pocket.

1  Thank mrstephenlancaster
Reviewed 15 December 2017

This was our second stay at Cabana Bay. We stayed for for 8 nights this time. Hotel was amazing as always. Very clean in all of the areas, lobby, pool, diner, etc. We've only ever stayed in the court yard rooms. We had a suite which has a small kitchen area, living area with a divider in the middle and 2 beds on the other side. Plenty of room for a family of 4. The kids love both of the pools. One has a slide and the other has a lazy river, both lots of fun. Life guards are very professional, constantly scanning the water. They provide shuttles to the parks. We never waited more than 2 minutes for one to the park. And when the lines to get back were long they would bring in extra buses to get people back quicker, which was nice when your feet hurt and kids were tired. The diner had many options to choose from and was actually quite good. It can get busy in there so sometimes the wait will be long. But we love Cabana Bay and will be back. It was A LOT busier this time, not sure if it has to do with Volcano Bay being next door. But that was also nice being able to walk to the water park, very convenient!

1  Thank PSWhi
Reviewed 14 December 2017

I was very disappointed with this resort. To start, I booked this thru universal and was told my daughter would have a birthday theme in our suite. She got an it’s my birthday pin. That’s it. When we asked about our park tickets, we were told volcano bay was closed for the weekend. I would have appreciated an email telling me this ahead of time. Wehen we get ready to go to bed, we pull back the covers and there is blood on the sheets and pillow. We immediately call guest services, and wait. About an hour and 3 calls later, They finally came to change the sheets after midnight, like this wasn’t a big deal! No apologies. I emailed universal and finally get a voicemail 2 days later stating I’m getting a $50 credit on my $2800 vacation package! At this point, I just dealt with the graham crackers found on the floor under the couch, the tokens under the bed, (was this room even cleaned? A coffee maker that took 10 minutes to put out a cup of coffee, and the microwave that barely heats.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

This was my first time in America after several trips around mexico and mauritius all inclusive resorts. we stayed here 2nd December for 11 nights and can hardly fault this place. I'll start with the only 1 issue. Bath towels were tiny and couldn't get round my waist. I'm not big they were like tea towels.
now the good stuff. rooms clean and perfect (we only slept in rooms as so much to do) both pools and lazy river were great. staff very friendly. food was surprisingly good. We used the main bayline diner most mornings and occasionally at night. there is plenty of choice and decent food. the refillable cups are great. about $16 for 7 days which also can be used for coffee so this was amazing value. we shared one as they are so big.
The best thing about this place is location. wow!!! we never used the shuttle as there is a lovely garden walk that was 0.5 miles along the river to all the parks and volcano bay was literally 30 seconds walk away.
We will stay here again and recommend as a base for a stay in Orlando.
thanks

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank briananimal
Reviewed 14 December 2017

This place was amazing! Front desk was very nice, got us into our room early. The lazy river /pool were sooo much fun for my son. It's perfect location for the parks, walking distance to volcano bay & only 20 min drive to magic kingdom. We will be back :) thank you!!

2  Thank Yadira L
Universal's C, Manager at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you for your recent review. We're thrilled to hear you had an awesome time during your visit to Cabana Bay and enjoyed everything from our friendly staff to the convenient location to the parks.

We look forward to many future stays!

Have a swell day,