“Everything here is dirty :(”

Firkin and Kegler Family Entertainment Center
Ranked #211 of 240 Fun & Games in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Firkin and Kegler Family Entertainment Center was voted the "Best Overall" new bowling center award winner in the Bowler's Journal International 24th annual Architecture & Design Awards competition. Beautifully designed both inside and out, our 32-lane bowling center is seamlessly integrated with the best features of today's "bowling lounges". Bring your friends and family down and see for yourself. You'll be sure to have a great time!
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Brought my daughter and her friends to their bowling area a while ago. Everything was dirty. Food was a little gross, especially eaten on sticky tables and chairs. I have also had misfortune of visiting their restaurant, where the food is nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We went there on a Wednesday and the place was pretty slow. But if you go on a Weekend, this place is crawling with kids running around everywhere. It sometimes feel like you are stuck at Magic Kingdom with a thousand kids all over the place, especially inside the arcade area. The bowling is pretty good though with countless of screens all around to watch your favorite team. Prices are a little on the higher side with some drink specials certain evenings. The food is typical bar food, we had the chicken fingers and french fries and they were just fine. Overall, great place to go if you have kids wanting to be entertained for a few hours.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Will not be back. Staff rude,not helpful at all. First off; we came there to bowl with our family. My son and his wife came to visit from California. We went to the counter and started the process of getting a lane and shoes. The staff at the counter took a look at my 28 year old son and stated " he can't bowl if he wears the tank top, does he have another shirt" WHAT???? We looked around and noticed many women/young women with tanks tops and spaghetti strap tops bowling. My son's top was not worn out,torn or offensive language on it. After all it is summer in Florida. The top was also a wider shoulder tank. We were told to leave if he could not change. If you are going to implement a dress code you have to do this across the board. This is gender bias. We asked to speak to a manager, was told not sure when they will be in. My son called later to speak to a manager, they were not around. He asked to leave a voice message for him. He was told can't do that. We went to Boardwalk bowl. I asked their counter staff if tank tops were aloud? He thought I was asking a crazy question...Of course, he stated. We had a great time at boardwalk bowl and will go there from now on. After all this is bowling not Maison & Jardin restaurant.. As attorneys this is gender bias..

3  Thank Gwen S
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I went on Feb 1st with a group of about 20 for a birthday party some of our party's food was served 40 mins after ours some of the food was burnt and overcooked well i had salad which they couldnt go wrong with them. Some complained about it and was given meals free plus bowling passes after that dilemma we headed upstairs to the club which was the best part of the night music was right and the drinks was good and cheap that made up for the dinner part will go agian!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 January 2014

For a place that claims to be a "Family Entertainment Center," I found it fell short of this claim. My family came here to dine and bowl for the first time the other night, and after what we experienced, we will never come back.

I have a seven year old daughter who has only been bowling a few times and can barely roll the ball down the lane. We were surprised to learn that this place has a policy that will not allow families to use the lane bumpers if a child is older than six...something about my daughter's hulk-like strength being too much for their delicate equipment.

As you might imagine, every time my daughter bowled, the ball rolled directly in the gutter. The FIRST time my daughter started crying, I asked the manager if we might be able to use a ramp. I was then informed that ramps are ONLY for people with disabilities.

The SECOND time she started crying, I tried to appeal to the manager that since they were a family place, perhaps they could make an exception since my daughter clearly wasn't a danger to their equipment. I was told (with no small amount of attitude) that no exception would be made.

When I expressed my displeasure and that I would let everyone know about it, I was given a "so what, we don't care" response. Well kind reader, I recommend taking your family to Boardwalk Bowl...where the atmosphere is absolutely more supportive of families!

Oh and BTW, the drinks were weak and the food was subpar too!

8  Thank Chris B