“Sad Lunch Experience Despite Friendly Staff”
Review of Emeril's Orlando

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Florida Centre
Cross street: Universal Orlando CityWalk
Description: Located at the epicenter of Universal's CityWalk®, Emeril's bustling eatery overlooks the park's lagoon and all of the action of this thriving Orlando hot spot. The free standing two-story building is a high-energy, creative environment for fine food and wine, with soaring thirty-foot ceilings, hardwood floors, stone walls, and iron staircase that lend the feel of an industrial warehouse loft. At the center of this modern food studio is an open kitchen and chef's food bar, where lucky guests can watch up close, the chefs at work. The restaurant's second floor offers two private party rooms that feature oak barrel slat ceilings, a 10,000 bottle wine gallery, and an intimate chef's tasting room that seats 8.
Reviewed 30 June 2016

We were pleased to see Emeril's restaurant as an option. As others have commented, the service is slow. However, after a while, we got into the slower-paced groove which was aided by the staff being very friendly and professional when they came by our table.

Sadly, this was not enough to rescue a lack-a-luster lunch that included salads that were dressed with over-salty dressing and a rather dull duck pizza.

Perhaps it was a mid-week slump or bad timing as we were there a bit after the primary lunch time. However, there was nothing to show that motivates us to try any of the other Emeril restaurants.

Cheers to those who had happier experiences.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,769)

Reviewed 30 June 2016

I've been to this Emeril's when it first opened at City Walk Universal and it was excellent and I couldn't say enough about it! I love Emeril when we see him on Top Chef and it reminded me of his restaurant and we booked it for our Anniversary while we were in Florida! Can I say it was a huge disappointment!!! Not at all like how it was when it first opened. We were seated at a table that had water on the plates when we arrived and I questioned the host asking if it rained inside because we were seated on the outer porch with windows area of the restaurant. There was a torrential downpour/storm happening while we dined and that is what I thought the water was, he assured me that it was because they just came out of the dishwasher. I let it slide, it was our anniversary and we wanted to have a special night. We ordered our wine and appetizers, and while eating, I noticed the wall next to us was wet and it was dripping water into the appetizers. Yuck! A manager moved us to another table and replaced my husband's appetizer and our waters, but that was it, there was no compensation for the inconvenience like there would have been from other restaurants. We then ordered dinner and I order their signature dish as our waiter explained, the "Andouille Crusted Drum" and it was not good. I barely ate my dinner. My husband had the redfish and he thought it was just okay. Nothing that really stood out! We then shared a dessert - Emeril's Banana Cream Pie and it was excellent! That is the only thing that we ate that night that we thought was great! Overall I wouldn't suggest this place for a nice romantic anniversary dinner, like it would have been in the past. It was disappointing and I would not recommend. There are many other places that will give you a wonderful dining experience for the same fine dining price and really make it memorable!

Reviewed 29 June 2016

My family and I were excited to try Emeril's at the end of our week stay in the Orlando area. We made a reservation and were seated in a timely manner. However the service, while very friendly and kind, was dreadfully slow. We weren't greeted by anyone at our table for almost 15 min. Our server had 7 full tables but there were plenty of other servers with nothing to do. We finally ordered drinks and an appetizer and then it was another 15 minutes before receiving drinks only after our appetizer arrived. My husband's drink was incorrect but the GM promptly corrected the mistake. We then waited about 15 mins for our children's dessert which was a scoop of ice cream and a banana split. Unfortunately, one dessert was incorrect when it was brought to the table and had to be sent back for the correct dessert. The restaurant was not full the entire evening so we couldn't understand the slow service. The GM removed the glass of wine and 1 cocktail from the bill. We had better service at the restaurants at the Gaylord Resort than at Emeril's. Total disappointment!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We had a very good meal at this restaurant. We have been to other Emeril restaurants and this was good as well. The best part of the meal was the dessert - Emeril's banana creamed pie. Worth every calorie.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Great ambiance. Wait staff was attentive. The food was most excellent. The Sweet bar-b-que roasted salmon with roasted potatoes was not overly sweet and had the perfect touch of heat.