“Great atmosphere ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Part adventure, part restaurant and wholly entertaining. The Rainforest Cafe is an exciting thrill for all ages. Wild times await in a decorative jungle with animatronics and a menu of delicious American and tropical fare.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We dine at the Rainforest at Animal Kingdom. Service was great. Atmosphere is so fun. As always food is excellent but pricey for a normal menu. Of course my granddaughter needed a lighted cup. We go often even with the expensive pricing its that good. We didn't stay on Disney property so we did not have the dining plan but it is part of plan if you want the experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,332)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I used to consider this restaurant a must on my trips to certain places (they have a lot of different locations in tourism-centered areas.)
However, as I’ve gotten older I’ve considered it less important because of the food quality and the price. You are paying to be surrounded by those cool animatronic jungle creatures. It may be worth it for younger guests to experience it for the first time, but the older you are, the less it dazzles you. Plus, there’s a lot of Disney Magic to go around, and this place isn’t the best to get your fix. There are better places for food and atmosphere in Disney for sure.

1  Thank princessanna13
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Our food was good. We had a variety including seafood and hamburger. It just took for ever to get out food and then our check. They added tip in to party of 5 so that is why service may have been sub-par. But you really go for the atmosphere and that is what you are paying for and this one is much better than several others i have been to. But I wouldn't wait out in the Florida heat for long. We booked in advance which I would recommend.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Food was good, but overpriced. Service was very good, but with a mistake with our check. Everyone was friendly. Restaurant and bathroom appeared clean. It’s a fun experience for the kids. Safe bet, but next time we will try one of the many newer restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We went to rainforest cafe at Disney animal kingdom for dinner. At first approach it seemed like a really cool family friendly animated themed restaurant. The theming was really gorgeous- bright colourful and fun for kids and adults of all ages. However one you sit down — the place is huge and was jam packed with a lot of people—- it was VERY loud and this was made worse by the animals making even more noise. The food.... oh god.... the food—- if I wanted something that tasted like a microwaved piece of cardboard that was recycled from a dump I could have done so at home. I couldn’t eat my meal at all. I don’t know I it’s what I chose (rainforest burger) but it was awful. My daughter had a adults pasta and said it was yuck and didn’t eat it either. Our waiter was so lovely and a credit to the establishment — attentive and lovely. But due to how awful the food is we won’t ever come back.