“How to Celebrate a Milestone Birthday in Style”
Review of Emeril's Tchoup Chop - CLOSED

Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Florida Center
Cross street: Universal Boulevard
Description: Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Bernard Carmouche, Culinary Director, and Lee Kaleel, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We celebrated my husband's 64th birthday at Emeril's Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific Resort. Three years ago we had celebrated his 61st birthday at Emeril's at City Walk, and as fabulous as that meal was it pales in comparison to our experience this year.

We were seated at a prime table in front of the enormous exhibition kitchen on comfortable low back banquettes. The restaurant has beautiful stylish decor with a galaxy of colors and a glorious bar. Everything is open and expansive with great views.

Our waiter, Arby, was cordial, attentive, and professional. Because it was a special occasion, they started each of us off with a small divided plate, with a small square of golden beet with goat cheese and a small slice of rare tuna in a frothy root vegetable purée with white corn. Next, they brought out a large basket of crisp shrimp chips, with a Thai peanut sauce. The shrimp chips are light as air and are made with dehydrated shrimp, potato rice flour, and seasoned with togarashi, a Japanese spice blend.

We chose a 2013 Vavasour Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand which was crisp and very food friendly. We shared three small plates of robata: Japanese eggplant on a bed of pickled cabbage with chili mint sauce, white and green grilled asparagus with ponzu, and shishito peppers with lime.

Our entrees included a magnificent cedar paper wrapped salmon with a guava barbecue glaze and edamame, okra, and corn succotash, the wolf fish special with quinoa, bok choy, roasted tomatoes, and roasted mango, and a 14 oz. rip eye surf and turf, with grilled scallops and shrimp. I start to salivate just thinking about how good the food was, and our college student son was determined to eat every single bite of his steak because he said he had no idea when he would ever eat the good a steak again. (At $52 for his entree, I'm sure he was right!)

Diminutive Chef Duffy came out to meet us and brought my husband a fabulous dessert platter with three desserts: a fruit and brandy tart, a banana cream pie with dark chocolate shavings, and small flakey pastry bites with whipped cheesecake in the middle that we dipped in an mango-Liliko sauce. It was a dessert platter to die for.

If you can only afford one splurge meal in Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop is the place to have it. I can't understand why it is not in the top five - because it should be!

2  Thank nancyolah

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Although there was a lot of room on the main level, the hostess immediately said we would be sitting upstairs. I said ok not knowing any better. Then she took us to a small room with one small window. Whhhaattt? I said no way. Back down we went and although there was room by the windows, again she wanted to give us a crappy table in the middle with no view. So I said, can we please sit by the window? She displayed some annoying look and took us to a tiny table in the area with windows. Not next to a window. I asked the waiter if we could be moved next to a window and he said he'd ask. Then he never addressed it again. Whatever. I then watched as they seated other more "rich" people next to window. I was traveling with my 12 year old son. Little did they know looks are deceiving as I am a female physician making 6 figures. Emeril, I am very disappointed. Yes, physicians (surgeons) go on vacations and wear jeans. Very displeased. Then my son ordered a chicken dish with potato hash. Thankfully before he bit into it I asked if there was any bacon/pork in the hash potato part, the waiter said yes and so we had to send it back as we, as do much of the world, do not eat pork. It was not described in the menu as such but the waiter insisted it was. So they took back the plate and remade it. While my dish stood in front of me getting cold as I am not going have my son watch me eat. So his dish came back new and fresh. I asked if I could have my meal warmed. The waiter said no. He could remake it, which would put us at step one and my son's meal would get cold, but could not rewarm it. Hmph. Whatever. Service not too good. Very stingy on the free bread. I asked for seconds of bread and she only gave us one piece each lolol. ohh kkk. The portions were tiny. so make sure you plan to eat again later bec you will not be full. The food was phenomenal. so that is why I gave 2 stars. 5 stars minus one for the horrible disrespect by hostess in regards to seating, minus one for poor description of ingredients of food on menu/small portion size/ stinginess of bread, and minus one for the waiter allowing me to eat a cold dinner.

1  Thank Meema A
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for years when we come to Disney. Food is wonderful and waitstaff are top notch.

Lots of mediocre places in Orlando. This is NOT one of them.

I had a sushi and sashimi plate. My wife had the spicy lo mein. My daughter, age 9, had spaghetti and meatballs. All were excellent.

A must do in Orlando.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I can't say enough about the Tchoup Chop. The atmosphere is awesome, trendy but relaxing. The food is so good. The service is fabulous. Anytime we get to Orlando we stop by and eat. I really can't say enough good things about my experiences here.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Delicious service and food delivered with a twist. The waiter was available to help us with any issues with the menu. We did ask a few questions and these were answered pleasantly and knowledgeably.