“Outstanding food, view, & service”
Review of Narcoossee's

Narcoossee's
Ranked #78 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
Reviewed 27 November 2013

During our recent 10 day stay at Disney World we ate at number of very enjoyable restaurants. Some were fun with average food. Some had better food and nice settings. Narcoosee's had great food and a great view! We ate here on 11/21 for our daughter's birthday. She picked it out for her special day. We arrived from the Magic Kingdom by boat which drops you off at the restaurant's doorstep. The kids loved this. We were a little early but still had a bit of a long wait even with our reservations. Once seated we saw that we could see Cinderella's castle clearly from our table. Our waitress Debbie came over after taking a nearby table's order. She was peppy and very friendly. She brought us fresh baked bread and took our orders quickly. We all had the Surf and Turf. My wife and daughter had the lobster and filet and my son and I had the lobster and strip steak. My son never had lobster before but wanted to try it. Our steaks were "melt in your mouth" tender and the lobster was some of the best I ever had.
During dinner the Magic kingdom fireworks were going on and you could see them from our table. Debbie suggested the kids could go out on the deck for a better view. They did and were not disappointed. They compliment the fireworks by having the same music from the show piped into the restaurant.
After dinner we ordered our desserts. My daughter & I had the almond crusted cheesecake which reminded me of an old Good Humor toasted almond bar. It was outstanding! My son had the blueberry trifle and said it was very tasty. My wife had her usual chocolate cake and loved it. I also ordered hot tea and chose a wild berry mix from a very large menu of teas. It was a very enjoyable pot of tea. Debbie let me try their special Christmas tea blend but I didn't care for it. the berry tea was much better. When they brought my daughter's dessert it had a little sign made out of chocolate on it that said "Happy Birthday". This was in addition to the cupcake that Disney restaurants usually give to birthday people.
All in all it was a great meal and a great experience for our daughter's birthday.

2  Thank Joseph S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I went with my family to Narcoossee's to celebrate my sister's birthday. When we arrive to the restaurant, my son spoke to the Hostess on the side and told her the reason for our visit. The Hostess asked him if there were any special requests and my son told her that we would like as a surprise for my sister a small tart cake with a candle to which the Hostess complied very nicely. Aside from the service being excellent the food and the wine were too. We look forward to someday going back to Narcoossee's.

2  Thank luz a
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had a good dinner here on our anniversary. We both had the lobster bisque, which was EXCELLENT, and I had the chicken dish, which was great, and my husband had the lobster and shrimp pasta which he ate every bite of. We also had the lobster mac and cheese, which I enjoyed. I do think it is a bit over priced, but the view is well worth it. The only downfall we encountered was the waiters lack of response with drinks, (he forgot our 2nd round) and he did not pay attention to our anniversary - he only acknowledge after we declined dessert and we explained we had our wedding cake leftovers back in our room. He then brought glasses of champagne on the house with strawberries, which was nice. The fireworks viewing is second to none...

Reviewed 17 November 2013

A waiter can make an enjoyable meal into an outstanding one and we have had those kinds of waiters all through Disney properties in Florida, California and at Aulani in Hawaii.

We had always wondered how Narcoosee’s Restaurant would fare and we took advantage of dining there November 3, 2013. (We are a married couple without children so we were looking forward to what appears to be a varied menu plus unmatched views of Magic Kingdom.)

We were greeted by our waiter, Chevy, who arrived tableside with a basket of warm bread and a delicious spread. We even noticed the waiter at the next table had waited on us at another Disney restaurant – it turned out he had worked at Chef Mickey’s for a number years and he is/was a Pro!

We had one request for Chevy and that was neither one of us like onions cooked in our food. If a waiter is familiar with the menu, this isn’t a problem. (The following evening, we ate The Boardwalk Hotel’s Cat Cora’s Kouzzina and our waiter, Brad, knew what each dish was consisted of and we had no problem with this request.)

Chevy continued to return to the table and announce that whatever we had selected did indeed have onions – this went on and on. He did offer to bring the Chef to our table, but honestly that isn’t something we felt necessary. Most restaurants do not put waiters on the floor unless they know the house menu inside and out.

Still, Chef Angel did come to speak with us, he tried to be helpful and our request was eventually filled. It was anything but an easy process though with Chevy at our table.

We each had a salad with romaine lettuce, some grated cheese/few croutons, the appetizer calamari (without their dip which contained onions), a shrimp entree with grits and lobster/shrimp entree with less than one cup of fettucine plus 3 glasses of their house Merlot (California’s Santa Ema) and coffee for dessert. Our bill was $147.

If we had a waiter who knew the establishment’s menu better, we would have left more than a 10% gratuity. The food was good, but not worth the price/frustration. Still, the views and atmosphere are stunning.

The interior of this restaurant is absolutely beautiful with a beamed, conical ceiling and impressive architecture both in and out. Please sure to ask for a window seat if possible and try to schedule your seating during Magic Kingdom Fireworks. Even if you aren’t fortunate enough for that, the water traffic back and forth from Magic Kingdom on the Seven Seas Lagoon is entertainment enough.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I love narcoossee's one of my favorites. I have eaten here at least eight times. Harvey was our server in july great waiter! Chef jeff is an amazing chef with a great bubbly personality that is contagious. This time chef jeff was off for the evening and a suos chef was working. The food was close. I have one small complaint. I have celaics and many allergies. To many to list. I have never had a reaction with chef jeff is working. This time I had an allergic reaction. It was maybe gluten and iodine reaction I had to take multiple medicines and go back to the room and sleep. My husband couldn't take the kids out cause he is a medic and I almost needed my epipen. The chef did come to the table and check on me and was concerned. I think the new salt may have been the culprit. I usually cannot have the sea salt cause of the iodine. I asked several times was told it was a new salt it would be o.k. The only other thing I can think of is either the gluten free roll or the steak was cooked near seafood. The food great but not worth the reaction. The fireworks at great and atmosphere is always so nice. The chef jeff always makes a dressing for my son and me that is gluten and seafood free. Sadly, I was looking forward to this since july and the allergy made it a little disappointed. I will go back but I will ask for a night when chef jeff is on so as to not have a reaction or I will skip it next time. This is a great signature dining and If you can get a reservation don't miss it.