“Food is good but service is questionable.”
Review of Olivia's Cafe

Olivia's Cafe
Ranked #128 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Olivia's Cafe, a casual restaurant at Disney's Old Key West Resort, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Specializing in home-style American cuisine—comfort food with a Key West influence.Start the day with a sweet breakfast special at Olivia's Cafe: Banana Bread French Toast. Lunchtime favorites center on comfort food like cheeseburgers and pasta. For dinner try specialties such as conch chowder, coconut-encrusted mahi mahi, and slow-roasted prime rib. Dishes are served a la carte.As breezy and relaxed as Key West itself, Olivia's Cafe invites you to have a leisurely lunch beneath the wicker fans turning slowly over the tables and chairs. Or during fair weather, dine al fresco on the patio. Don't forget to satisfy your sweet tooth with Olivia's celebrated key lime tart.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The food is good and adventuresome taste are entertained. They seemed a little short staffed in the waiter department as those that were there seemed to be rushing a bit more than they should. We had an unfortunate issue as a tray full of dirty dishes got dumped behind us and my travel bag was ruined and no help was available for that and our waitress may have been part of the problem. She was missing in action most of the time and showed up only to get the order and bring the bill . As she was the senior member of this troop that may have been the problem. We were also a party of 6 which put us in the guaranteed gratuity group which is an issue at Disney. If you can break up your group, which we could not, it is wise.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Our party was staying at the Disney World Key West Resort so the restaurant was within a short walking distance. The food was pretty good and service OK for our party of 12. We went there for dinner and breakfast the next day. I liked the nice variety of breakfast selections. They had a nice poached egg and corned beef hash that was very good. Other entrees were a variety of pancakes, waffles and french toast. The omelettes were very generous in size also.
You can make reservations for dinner but not for lunch or breakfast. This location is very kid friendly, they sing happy birthday whenever someone is celebrating one. It was fun but not 5 star.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Checked out breakfast at Olivia's two times during a recent stay.

The first day was a Saturday morning and I went by myself due to a still sleeping teen son being my companion. Akos was my waiter and he was wonderful. He had great recommendations and made this lone mom feel right at ease. He really knew the menu and had a sense of what people liked and how to make it even better. Do yourself a favor and listen to his suggestions! Scrumptious! Food was well prepared and came out fairly quickly. I gobbled it up and was on my way in no time (yet in no way hurried, either) with extra coffee to go to boot.

The second time was Sunday morning. My son and I arrived just after 10 AM and were given a pager to be seated. After fifteen minutes of wait time without being called we decided to move our bags out of our room to the car before being seated so that we would not interrupt our meal since checkout was at 11 AM. We returned in time for last seating at 10:30 AM. Although the restaurant was not crowded, the food took over a half an hour to come out of the kitchen. The waitress kept us informed at that point that ours was next, when the food arrived. It was still delicious, but we were the only ones in the front room of the restaurant by that time. My son is 15 so was not into coloring, but looking at the walls of pictures of members was fairly entertaining. We were not offered drinks to go this time, but my son did have three refills while waiting for our food. So, not as great of an experience, but still decent. My son had the signature banana bread french toast and enjoyed it immensely, commenting it was like having desert first (for the day).

1  Thank Wanderbunny
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stopped in to Olivia's Cafe for breakfast at the last minute on our last day. We were sat immediately with no wait. The kids both got Disney coloring sheets and crayons, so they were happy. (Surprisingly, not many restaurants in Disney had coloring sheets.) I had the Banana Bread French Toast with Banana Rum Butter Sauce and Coconut Cream. It was so incredibly delicious - definitely a must try! My husband had the Sombrero Beach Omelet topped with pico de gallo and sour cream which was delicious as well. The kids both got Mickey shaped waffles with fruit and they ate everything! We had a little confusion with our dining plan credits and our waitress when above and beyond to help us out! Our table had views of the water, such a cute place!

1  Thank Shelby M
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We like Olivia's and eat there at least once every time we get to OKW for a stay which is about every year or so. The service can be sometimes spotty, especially if they are busy, but the food has always been pretty good. A little pricey - but we're on vacation and its nice to be able to walk to/from our room. One thing I would comment negatively on is the noise level. As I get older and harder of hearing I find it difficult to carry on a conversation at normal levels because of all the ambient noise. Not sure how you would fix this - but it is a minor inconvenience - at least for me anyway.