“Friendly Service, Tasty Food”
Review of Nagoya Sushi

Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Doctor Phillips
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My significant other and I enjoyed a great mid-week meal at Nagoya. A couple items to point out: we went on a Wednesday night an hour before close and it was busy. Despite it being out of sight from the main road and tucked away in a corner behind a fountain, the little restaurant was packed. The menu offered a nice selection of sushi and great appetizers. We had steamed vegetable dumplings, tempura chicken, AACC Garden Sushi Roll, the Tiger Roll, fried ice cream, and the flowering tea pot to finish. It sounds like a lot, but the portions are not oversized and the food is fresh, which left us feeling satisfied and content with our meal (as opposed to over stuffed or bloated). The service was a tad slow due to the crowd, and the kitchen was a few minutes backed up, but other than those two hiccups, we had a nice time. I recommend Nagoya and will definitely return!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We travel to Florida to see our daughter fairly regularly so we are always looking for deals on meals. Nagoya Sushi was on Restaurant.com and with the reviews we figured we would give it a try.

We were not disappointed. We had some house sake, five different maki rolls and some chicken fried rice. All were well made and very tasty. We are from Rhode Island and are used to darker fried rice but it was still quite good.

The service was attentive but not overtly so. The restaurant was nicely decorated and comfortable.

We would definitely get another restaurant.com coupon to visit this place again. Nice job!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

While visiting family in the area, I came upon this gem in a strip mall near publix. I was hungry and so we stopped in, along with my 15 month old grandson.
We were shown to a table quickly and the service was excellent.
We had the bento box, salad, soup, and a tempura plate. All were wonderful. We discovered the baby loved the sushi, just the insides lol. He made a mess we worked hard to control but the waiter was such a doll about it. Providing help and attention when needed. Like he had radar. The atmosphere is clean and lovely. Food was prepared perfectly. I ate so much, just could not stop. I will say the prices were very affordable and they have a pretty good wine list too! Give it a try. You
L be glad!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Good sushi and lovely sashimi but the cucumber salad was only average, as was the tempura. Some interesting dishes, helpful staff and decent service but, on the whole, the dishes are a bit too sweet and westernised for my taste.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I had received A Living Social Coupon to try this place out and I was excited after reading so many good reviews. Unfortunately that will be my first and last time visiting this restaurant. Once we arrived we waited 15 minutes to be sat and finally when the server came out he told us we could sit where ever we wanted. He only handed us one menu to share instead of two and we waited another 15 minutes untill he took our order. Mind you there literally was only one other couple in the enitre restaurant. We ordered the crab ragoon to start and it was tasteless and over fried. The Bang Bang roll was really good. I just wish our server would have made our experience better so that we would have recommended this place.