“Just OK”

Neighbourhood: Doctor Phillips
Mesa, Arizona
“Just OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Was busy and service wasn't very good or quick, maybe we visited on an off nite. I wouldn't go again but from the reviews this is a good place so you should probably give it a try. We are used to the place we go at home and this is a lot different.

Sushi was ok but nothing out of the ordinary for what we usually get.

Long Island, NY
“Excellent Sushi in Orlando.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I don't usually eat at a Sushi place that someone didn't recommend and has eaten at. However, after reading the reviews of Nagoya, I decided to give it a try as I was in the mood.

Tucked away in a shopping center on Dr. Phillips, it's a small "quaint" place, and was greeted warmly. The restaurant was empty because I went around 5.

I ordered the Tuna Tataki, Philly Roll, and rice. Easy and basic. The Tuna was outstanding. Nicely seasoned with a nice dipping sauce. A unique style and very tasty. The Philly Roll was very good and very fresh, as was the rice.

As I was eating others came in and I could tell they were all locals or regulars. Staff was very friendly with the customers and everyone seemed to be chatting with them.

Overall an excellent meal and friendly staff.

• Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Friendly Service, Tasty Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My significant other and I enjoyed a great mid-week meal at Nagoya. A couple items to point out: we went on a Wednesday night an hour before close and it was busy. Despite it being out of sight from the main road and tucked away in a corner behind a fountain, the little restaurant was packed. The menu offered a nice selection of sushi and great appetizers. We had steamed vegetable dumplings, tempura chicken, AACC Garden Sushi Roll, the Tiger Roll, fried ice cream, and the flowering tea pot to finish. It sounds like a lot, but the portions are not oversized and the food is fresh, which left us feeling satisfied and content with our meal (as opposed to over stuffed or bloated). The service was a tad slow due to the crowd, and the kitchen was a few minutes backed up, but other than those two hiccups, we had a nice time. I recommend Nagoya and will definitely return!

Louisville, Kentucky
“Very Good Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We travel to Florida to see our daughter fairly regularly so we are always looking for deals on meals. Nagoya Sushi was on Restaurant.com and with the reviews we figured we would give it a try.

We were not disappointed. We had some house sake, five different maki rolls and some chicken fried rice. All were well made and very tasty. We are from Rhode Island and are used to darker fried rice but it was still quite good.

The service was attentive but not overtly so. The restaurant was nicely decorated and comfortable.

We would definitely get another restaurant.com coupon to visit this place again. Nice job!

• Visited February 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Delightful surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

While visiting family in the area, I came upon this gem in a strip mall near publix. I was hungry and so we stopped in, along with my 15 month old grandson.
We were shown to a table quickly and the service was excellent.
We had the bento box, salad, soup, and a tempura plate. All were wonderful. We discovered the baby loved the sushi, just the insides lol. He made a mess we worked hard to control but the waiter was such a doll about it. Providing help and attention when needed. Like he had radar. The atmosphere is clean and lovely. Food was prepared perfectly. I ate so much, just could not stop. I will say the prices were very affordable and they have a pretty good wine list too! Give it a try. You
L be glad!