“HORRIBLE”

Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Doctor Phillips
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just returned form dinner. We used this website to find a good place for sushi when visiting Orlando. This is the first time I have ever posted a negative comment about any restaurant. The service was below par, but we were enjoying our beer so whatever...the "food" is what left us speechless. None of my group of four could find one thing that we ordered to be less than lousy. Worst food I have ever eaten at a restaurant.

2  Thank Jeff M
There are newer reviews for Nagoya Sushi

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I hate to review this wonderful sushi restaurant, I'm afraid that it will become so busy I'll have a hard time getting in.
This is my "GO TO" place for Sushi, it is always so fresh, and the Staff is awesome. I'm always afraid to eat raw sushi from other locations, I can't stand it if my food tastes "fishie", Nagoya never disappoints. Love Sushi.....Give this place a try, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Was busy and service wasn't very good or quick, maybe we visited on an off nite. I wouldn't go again but from the reviews this is a good place so you should probably give it a try. We are used to the place we go at home and this is a lot different.

Sushi was ok but nothing out of the ordinary for what we usually get.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I don't usually eat at a Sushi place that someone didn't recommend and has eaten at. However, after reading the reviews of Nagoya, I decided to give it a try as I was in the mood.

Tucked away in a shopping center on Dr. Phillips, it's a small "quaint" place, and was greeted warmly. The restaurant was empty because I went around 5.

I ordered the Tuna Tataki, Philly Roll, and rice. Easy and basic. The Tuna was outstanding. Nicely seasoned with a nice dipping sauce. A unique style and very tasty. The Philly Roll was very good and very fresh, as was the rice.

As I was eating others came in and I could tell they were all locals or regulars. Staff was very friendly with the customers and everyone seemed to be chatting with them.

Overall an excellent meal and friendly staff.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My significant other and I enjoyed a great mid-week meal at Nagoya. A couple items to point out: we went on a Wednesday night an hour before close and it was busy. Despite it being out of sight from the main road and tucked away in a corner behind a fountain, the little restaurant was packed. The menu offered a nice selection of sushi and great appetizers. We had steamed vegetable dumplings, tempura chicken, AACC Garden Sushi Roll, the Tiger Roll, fried ice cream, and the flowering tea pot to finish. It sounds like a lot, but the portions are not oversized and the food is fresh, which left us feeling satisfied and content with our meal (as opposed to over stuffed or bloated). The service was a tad slow due to the crowd, and the kitchen was a few minutes backed up, but other than those two hiccups, we had a nice time. I recommend Nagoya and will definitely return!