Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area
Ranked #3 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Very Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Second stay at this hotel for UCF - this time for move-in days. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is clean. They were at full capacity and parking was hard to find. I was impressed by the staff's attitude and although there were a lot of people at the hotel they stayed on top of the breakfast needs and emptied the garbage regularly. I will be back!

2 Thank Theresa413
BruceGrube, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during such a busy weekend. I have shared your feedback with our staff and congratulated them on the job well done. We take great pride in making sure our guests feel at home while staying with us. We hope to see you comeback throughout the years your child is attending UCF. Go knights!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very clean and nice. The room was spacious and looked almost new. Bathroom was spotless although it had the water saver showerheads that all HIE's have, it was very nice. Breakfast was the usual HIE fare, but it was served fresh and hot and all items including the all important coffee was well stocked. The only reason I didn't go excellent was as Platinum elite members we have gotten used to being acknowledged as such with the choice of water/snack pack or welcome points. We never got the points. Would stay again if in the area.

2 Thank Devilstowerwy
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday inn Express and Suites Orlando East. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It's very important to all of our staff to maintain the hotel as clean as possible and to keep all of our breakfast items fully stocked. We always try to make our guests as comfortable as possible throughout all of their stay. I would like to apologize for you not being acknowledge as a member, that is a very unusual behavior by our front desk agents. We always offer our platinum members the option between the welcome points or a bag with water/snacks. You're loyalty is extremely important to us. If you could contact the hotel, we want to make sure you got those welcome points added to your account. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you return soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

YES YES YES!! I arrived late afternoon as I would be in town teaching a 2 day class and had decided to stay here as it was most convenient for me. From the minute I walked through the door to the minute I left I experienced the MOST amazing service possible. I travel all across Florida and stay in hotels 3-4 nights a week. Ive seen the good, the bad and the real ugly. Ive never ever seen anything on this par in all my travels.

From the breakfast attendant, to the housekeepers to the front desk and management, everyone ALWAYS had a smile and a kind word. The minute you made eye contact there was the "Hello, how are you doing?" with a smile. Speaking of breakfast - Oh my Goodness. Biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausage one day and mini omelets and REAL ham slices the next. Great coffee (available 24 hours), and the most off the chain cinnamon buns you will ever eat, and much more. The manager, Bruce (wow!) personally checked each time he saw me in the lobby to see that we had everything we needed and to make sure my room was perfect - OK would be beneath their standards. Get this, when running up to my room during the day to relax during lunch, I found the housekeepers MOPPING the floors, and not just the room but the entrance in front of the elevators too. They were using clean mop pads, not dirty water!!! Wow again! When I mentioned this to one of the maintenance guys as a complement, he let me know it was this locations policy that the floors were mopped EVERY day. Rooms were very clean, carpets clean, all equipment worked and beds were so comfortable I had to make myself get up! Huge walk in shower with glass doors and rain-maker shower head. Lots of hot water and good pressure.

As a note, three of my students stayed here also and raved about their stay. No one could believe that the staff was so amazing. The front desk, especially the wonderful young African American lady on the evening shift, were super. I can't complement the staff enough. Kudos again to Bruce for hiring such a great group and making sure each guests stay was over the top.

Room Tip: All interior rooms with soft closing doors. The King room is large and comfortable with side chair...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank VirginiaFJax
BruceGrube, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Wow thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us! Your positive feedback is highly appreciated and our staff is so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. As a guest who travels often, getting such a review is a wonderful compliment. I have shared your review with our staff and congratulated them on the great service. It is a policy at our property to mop all of the floors at the hotel, it is very important to us to have our hotel very clean for our guests. Once again thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review. We hope to welcome you back whenever in the Orlando area.
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

As always the Holiday Inn franchise lived up to expectations. The room was clean, bed comfortable and staff friendly. The light breakfast provided is always hot, tasty and plentiful.
This is a definite recommend.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan G
BruceGrube, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We're so glad to hear that we met your expectations during your stay with us. We appreciate the positive feedback on our rooms, cleanliness, breakfast and staff. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you return soon.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I did not even know this hotel existed until our standard hotel in the area closed for refurbishment. I wish I had. The Holiday Inn Express on Colonial is extremely clean, comfortable and very convenient to Technology Parkway and I can highly recommend that anyone doing business in the area to take a look. As a frequent traveler, it's also very nice to be greeted by name and with a friendly smile, especially after a long days travel. Plenty of good restaurants close by and excellent wireless.

A special shout out to Erica, Kristy, Deborah and Gina. As the forward face of the HIE, they did a remarkable job indicating to me that I was, in fact, an important customer that was welcomed. This means a lot to me and those I frequently travel with. These particular front desk personnel never failed to offer a sincere "Good Morning" or "Welcome back" and I was appreciative of that, especially because I am the owner of two small businesses and recognize the importance of superlative customer service.

If you're in the area and are looking for a friendly, clean and reasonably priced accommodation, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Timothy1963
Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as a guests and we appreciate the positive feedback. We're so glad that you were willing to give our property a try and enjoyed your stay. Our staff is always focused in providing the best service possible throughout every single deparment and I'm glad to see guests noticing that. I have shared your review with our team and gave a special shout out to the Gina, Deborah, Kristy and Erica. We hope to welcome you back soon! Thank you!
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great Place! Courtney and Catherine at the front desk were great. Everything was clean and new feeling. Pool was nice and refreshing. King room we had was nice and large. Parking lot was a little tight and elevator was bumpy.

1 Thank Cathy M
BruceGrube, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay. Your positive feedback is highly appreciated by our entire team. It is very important for us to provide the best quality of service possible, which is why we're so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to congratulate Courtney and Catherine on the great customer service, they're both a very important part of our team. We hope to see you return whenever in the UCF area. Thank you!
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is very clean in the rooms, lobby area, breakfast area, everywhere. The staff at this hotel are very helpful and super friendly. The breakfast each morning was very filling, and the coffee in the middle of the day was a nice surprise too. I needed something close to UCF, and this was just right. The parking spaces seemed a bit narrow to me, but I found that the last row of parking spaces in the parking lot were angled, leaving extra room for opening doors further. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was very spacious as the area was large enough to accommodate a wheel chair to move around...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Beth Ann S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Out team is so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your review with our staff and will make sure to congratulate them on a job well done. Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the tip you provided on the parking spaces. We can't wait to welcome you back whenever you're in the UCF area. Thank you!!!