“Most fun I had on my vacation to Orlando ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hard Knocks
Ranked #130 of 229 Fun & Games in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Hemet, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most fun I had on my vacation to Orlando ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Great fun for any teenager or young adult looking for something fun past the theme parks and gift shops. One of the most unique laser tag experiences I have ever seen, it felt more like a combat simulator rather than laser tag.

They have a wide variety of different weapons to choose form, including pistols, shotguns, SMG's, and even assault rifles. Combat is based around a mission system where you are randomly assigned a mission for your group to complete from something like 75 different scenarios. Once the mission is assigned, your group is split into two teams to compete to be the first to achieve the mission objective. You don't know much about the mission objective until you are briefed on it after getting equipped. You mission can take place in two combat environments, one an office with cubicles and desks to take cover behind , and other, a warehouse with shipping crates to take cover behind. Once combat starts, you get 10 lives, or rather chances to get shot, before you are effectively dead and have to leave the arena. If you play well, take cover, and keep mobile, you can easily survive to complete the objective, or eliminate the other team.

Rounds can be short (less than 5 minutes) or long (around 10 minutes) depending on the number of people in your original group, their skill in combat, and type of mission given to your group. Though the rounds can be short, I was exhausted after only 3 missions.

The experience is a bit pricy. They do have different options for locals as well as visitors to the area. Locals are encouraged to pay for a year long $6 membership fee, but get 4 missions for around $25. Visitors can forgo membership fee and just buy 3 missions for around $23. It is important to note that these prices are per person, so for large groups, it can get expensive quickly.

Hard Knocks is some of the most fun a guy can have in Orlando, and though it can get pricy, the friendly and helpful staff, nice facilities, equipment, and environment make it all worth it. Even if it is just for a few missions, I would recommend this anyone looking to have a heart pumping, adrenaline fueled, life-like combat experience.

1 Thank semaj356

orlando
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Good time very different from laser tag I've experienced. But their a little strict no running no photograph and they babysit u the whole time u play... still a good time

2 Thank dope_misses
Kevil, Kentucky, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Unique attraction !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Our son lived this place. He is 8 and is very into warfare video games. He says it was like being in the game.
There was not many people the battle against though. One time it was just my husband and son battling against each other. I sat outside in the viewing area and watched them on several tv screens. We found it by accident just by walking around Pointe Orlando. Pretty cool place overall... Wish there was more people there.

3 Thank Amanda W
Orlando, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great for teenagers; not so much for adults”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a group of four adults and two teenagers, and went to Hard Knocks on Saturday night. The concept is really cool. We liked the different missons and the set up of the different arenas. The vests and laser guns were really cool, and fully adjustable for people of all sizes. There are NO lockers or any kind of storage, so if you have a purse, you have to wear it inside the laser tag arena, under your vest.

This is a really pricey outing, though. We had to get memberships for all six people, and we selected the 4 pack of missons for $25 per person. Each mission is 10 minutes or less, and it's totally possible to be "killed" within minutes.

The kids had a good time, but the adults stopped playing after the first two games. We were all disappointed that there wasn't any way to track if you actually hit another player, or what "score" you got. The employees said that it's because the event is team-based, which I understand - but it's not as fun when you have no idea if you're actually "killing" anyone else or not. You also don't know how many missions you've accommplished, or any other kind of stats.

I'll take my kids back here occassionally for a birthday or something, but we're definitely not doing this on a regular basis.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Katie E
Ardsley, New York
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fun but costly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This could be an absolute blast. The laser tag is brought to a new level with missions being given to the players. The only reason I would rate it average is the cost. Three games are $29 per person. Each game is 10 minutes OR LESS. Since Hard Knocks was not crowded, it took my husband and two boys around 25 minutes from start to finish at a cost of $88 plus tax. My boys LOVED IT and wanted to return - which we did when we received an email that they had a special from 4 to 6:30 unlimited called the Detention Special. However, when we arrived thy told us they could not honor the email since it was for their other location. The boys were quite disappointed. It is a very fun place - just too costly.

Visited August 2013