“Amazing!”

Ranked #159 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 50's Prime Time Café serves classic American comfort food in a TV-themed setting. The restaurant sits across from Echo Lake in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park.The 50's Prime Time Café menu includes family favorites like golden fried chicken, traditional meatloaf and pot roast, cooked the way Mom used to make it—that is, if Mom were a 1950s sitcom star.Be welcomed into Mom's family and feel at home in her kitchenette. But Mom expects you to mind your manners, so don't be surprised if she tells you to keep your elbows off the table. It's all part of the old-fashioned fun and gentle ribbing that's served up along with the food.TV Tables and Tune-In LoungeFor a special treat at 50's Prime Time Café, grab a "TV Table" that seats up to 4 diners and has a television next to the table that broadcasts clips from popular prime time sitcoms circa 1955 including "Father Knows Best" and the original "Mickey Mouse Club."Bop into 50's Prime Time Café for lunch or dinner. Cocktails, wines by the glass and frosty beers are available from Mom for Guests 21 years of age and older, or relax in the Tune-In Lounge full-service bar and sip Dad's Electric Lemonade or Grandma's Picnic Punch.From the mid-50s knick-knacks and memorabilia that decorate this restaurant to the dessert menu displayed through viewfinder toys, nostalgia is the main ingredient at 50's Prime Time Café.
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I really wasn't expecting much from this place, and was completely surprised. The food was incredible. The fried chicken was so juicy inside. The meatloaf wasn't dry, but could be slightly more moist. It had unexpected flavors in it that made it great. The pot roast was a good, succulent pot roast. My husband's pork chop was the best pork chop he's had, and he's spent his career working in fine dining steak houses with celebrity chefs. I'm not a fan of traditional American food. I generally prefer something like Thai or Vietnamese. But this was amazing even for me.

Also, the service was exceptional. Yes, the servers are doing their schtick to make the service entertaining, but the servers are actually extremely attentive as well, anticipating our needs. We tried a ton of mid-level restaurants at Disney, and I'm shocked to say that this was our favorite. She even brought me a nice birthday cupcake.

1 Thank commscholar

Merrill,WI.
“Fun place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Fun place and good food. The Fried Chicken was top shelf and the Meat Loaf was great. Play along with the wait staff enjoy the back and white TV shows. Do not be afraid to ask for what you want. Three of the four in our group asked for corn not the vegetable that was on the menu and one asked for Mac and Cheese as a side dish and they all got what they asked for. Keep the elbows off the table or you will get invited to do dishes as well.

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Wonderful comfort food, and the black and white TV's are something I never thought we would see again!

Visited April 2013
Sault ste. Marie, ON
“This was the best restaurant at Disney Hollywood Studio's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I read many Reviews on this place and was skeptical about trying it. It was not part of my Disney qucik service dining plan, which meant I was paying for this meal on my own. I met a family on the airplane to Disney and they recommended this place. so i thought we would give it a try. this place is so fun. the waiters and waitresses look like 50s mothers and fathers, the restaurant looks like a family kitchen, with the small tv. the traditional meals of pork chops, meatloaf, fried chicken... etc. the waitress at the table next to us gave her table homework! you really do need to have a sense of humor to go along with the theme of the place. I was told to keep my elbows off the table, my husband was asked what color the soap is in the bathroom, they shouted at people across the other tables to get their elbows off the table. eat all your vegtables, stuff like that. it is fun. join in and have a good time! i had the fied chicken which was better then KFC! my husband had the pork chop, mashed potatoes. my stepson had the salmon and my son had the hot dog! everything was amazing! the prices are decent. about 90 dollars for a family of four. try this place. you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Diamyn
North Carolina
“Fun atmosphere, great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

We ate here on our last full day during our Disney trip.We had a reservation and were seated pretty quickly even though the restaurant was very busy. The decor is all from the 50s and reminded me of my grandparents' kitchen. At the larger tables (4+) there are also old style televisions with some 50s type shows on. The servers are all your "cousins" and remind you to eat all your vegetables and to not have your elbows on the table. Food is all homestyle (meatloaf, fried chicken, etc). We were on the Disney Dining Plan, but also ordered adult beverages. My husband had the peanut butter and jelly shake and it was out of this world! I wished I had ordered one. Our server was personable, friendly, and very attentive. Our food came quickly. We both had a sampler (meatloaf, chicken, and pot roast) and we both cleaned our plates! We both felt the food and service was very good and we are looking forward to eating here again later this year.

1 Thank LKNnurse