“Terrible place with horrible service. Save your money and go to a REAL Cuban restaurant.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bongos Cuban Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #376 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Central American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

First off, it took way too long to be seated. Then, the hostess walked very fast and my family was barely able to keep up with him. This got me very annoyed. Then, after waiting almost fifteen minutes, the waiter finally arrived. He was EXTREMELY rude, had a bad attitude, and talked down to me. He demonstrated a high level of immaturity. When I asked him for a martini, he very rudely responded, "you got id?" I did not have id, and was unable to get the drink I wanted. Overall, the guy was extremely rude and should not be a waiter. Instead, he should work in a place that does not require "people skills." If you do decide to eat at this restaurant, make sure you do not get served by this particular waiter; he is average height, bald, with a heavy Spanish accent. I am not writing this review only on the premise of this guy's immaturity and bad attitude; the food was terrible. I ordered the shrimp with garlic sauce, and quite frankly, it was bad. I only received 6 shrimp in total and the rice was very dry and poorly cooked. For a meal that costs twenty-five dollars it should be of much higher quality. Overall, I am very unsatisfied with my entire experience at Bongos, and I will never return. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. I hope I have convinced you to avoid eating at this very low-class establishment. You work hard for your money, don't spend it on garbage like this place

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Excellent Fun Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were on vacation in Orlando and decided to go to Downtown Disney. First of all, there is a lot of construction on 2 new parking garages they are building there so parking is tough. Valet parking is available but it's $20. We had a small 30 minute wait for a table. The music from the live Cuban band inside was exciting and fantastic! We got our table and it was a cozy nook on the first floor. We had a fun waiter and the food was fabulous! We had to take some back to our room. The whole time the band was playing and a lot of people dancing. This was a fun and fantastic place to go! Yes, it's a little pricey but that's what you expect at Disney on vacation. They had a children's menu also. We would go back again!!!

• Visited June 2014
Florida
“What Happened?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This used to be a very good cuban restaurant. I am from S Fla and when I lived in Orlando would go out of my way to eat here because it was pretty authentic. Took a co worker with me to eat there during a business trip and the food and service were horrible. Avoid this restaurant, so many better options nearby.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank slpond
“Terrible management!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The restaurant is managed horribly! Our waitress was sat 4 tables simultaneously. This led to us waiting 1 1/2 hours for food. 30 mins for drinks alone. With a premium price you should get premium service. Unfortunate for our waitress but I absolutely voiced my opinion to management.

• Visited June 2014
Suburban Chicago
“A "cool" lunch on a hot day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We were here on a 96 degree day, so the respite in this cool restaurant was welcome relief. The sandwich was good (a Cuban sandwich with pork, ham, and a pickle), and the fries were nongreasy and hot. Service was a little slow making me wonder what the wait times would be like during peak meal time (we were there at 3 in the afternoon). I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Visited June 2014