“Not worth the $$” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bongos Cuban Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #379 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Central American, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
Fort Myers, Florida
“Not worth the $$”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We waited an hour and a half to be seated and although the atmosphere is fun and lively, it is not worth the wait due to the poor food quality. Cuban food is generally not expensive cuisine and exquisitely flavorful...this was expensive with no flavor and very poor presentation.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Princeton, NJ
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We really enjoyed our visit to Bongos. The food was delicious and the service was quick and friendly. We had our own little booth and the atmosphere was very festive and fun. Would definitely go back!

Visited July 2014
Miami, Florida
“Nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great ambiance! Excellent food! Reasonable prices and what a sexy girls! Music was exciting: Latin and we were ready to dance...

Visited June 2014
Germantown, Maryland
“Everything about it stunk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The food was horrible. The service was worse. I would not go back here again
My wife had churrasco that had zero flavor. I had breaded steak that was so hard to it I almost broke a tooth.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Mateo
“Long Wait, slow service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Bongos has a great vibe with outdoor an bar, live outdoor music, an indoor bar and live indoor music. The decor is island-like with chairs and tables. There appeared to be an outdoor patio area on the water.

My reservation was for 8:40 pm and they didn't seat me until 9:25pm... That's a sign of bad time management on the restaurants' part.

Friday and Saturday nights, there is live music. The music inside is excellent, although VERY loud. It is so loud that you will be unable to communicate with anyone at your table, so you need to talk quickly, in-between musical sets.

I ordered a pitcher of Sangria Royal ($45), which was different because they use an entire bottle of champagne as a mixer. I enjoyed a few of the Cuban beers.

I ordered Parrillada Mariscos ($40) and was pleasantly surprised by the flavorful mussels, clams, shrimp and lobster tail. The flavor was excellent.

The service was spotty at best. The bartender went out of her way to make sure my drinks were filled. However, my waiter was so inundated by large groups of tables that I barely saw him. He needed help...badly. When he realized I spoke spanish, I noticed he became much more attentive.

The true fun came when the salsa dancing started near the stage. ¡Mí gusta bailar! It was a fun time with plenty of beautiful ladies as dance partners.

I'd recommend checking out Bongos, just expect to be there awhile.

Visited June 2014