“Still as authentic as when it was set up”
Review of Cafe Tu Tu Tango

Get food delivered
Ranked #65 of 3,793 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sand Lake
Transit: Lynx #"s 8, 38, 42 more info at www.golynx.com I-Ride Trolley Red Line stop 20 more info at www.iridetrolley.com
Description: CAFÉ TU TU TANGO was founded in 1991 by three friends who had just returned from a trip to Barcelona, Spain. While in Barcelona they marveled at the creativity and culture that surrounded them at so many of the cafe’s and coffee shops...artists scribbling sketches, writers working on novels, poets weaving sonnets together as they shared inspirations, encouraged one another’s creativity and noshed on small plates of unique and eclectic foods. These friends began imagining ways to bring this magic back home with them; and this was the genesis of the super creative, always evolving and sensory invoking experience that is our locally owned Café Tu Tu Tango!
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

We have visited on a number of occasions but before last week our last visit was in 2008 where the performance was good but not great. Since then, Café Tu Tu Tango has come on a great distance - the food is of a far higher quality yet the place feels as intimate and authentic as it did when we first visited. The live entertainment and artists are an added bonus and our waitress was the epitome of good service.

Dishes that come highly recommended: Sesame Steak Skewers, Cuban Sliders, Pork (Pinchos)

Date of visit: January 2017
Write a reviewReviews (2,369)

Reviewed 10 January 2017

My family and I went there on New Years Eve 2016, was very busy but they found us a table on the patio. Food was amazing, different, but amazing. Many gluten free items. They are appetizer size meals which was very good for us as we could try many different items. The service was great, the local artist there painting were amazing as was the belly dancers. Great experience, will definitely go back.

1  Thank Dawndu2005
Reviewed 10 January 2017

I have not been to this restaurant in almost 7 years and it is just how I remember! High energy! Fun, great, and eclectic food. It is a tapas (appetizer portions) place so come ready to try new things but share with others at your table. The drinks are also excellent. I recommend their sangria! It is a loud place so be ready for that but such a fun place to go. I hope to be back here soon!!

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I have been a big fan for years, after having discovered it several years back. The place has developed but I am happy to be able to say - they have managed to keep its fresh, creative atmosphere and the really exciting choice of tapas and drinks. It is a great concept, and a great place for a night out, regardless of occasion. YAY to Tu Tu Tango!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 8 January 2017

'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times'....HOLD IT! HOLD IT!
NO worst of times here!
Charles Dickens would have loved this place!

With so many 'experiences' to choose from in Orlando, Cafe Tu Tu Tango offers an interesting refuge on the I-Drive promenade.
Their slogan is Food. Art. Fun.
And they certainly deliver on all three.

Tantalizingly terrific fab fiancée accompanied me for a magical Friday night food and fun fest. The place gets pretty crowded, but we were greeted and seated immediately. We had a nice table by the window. Our server was Señor Carlo B! He deftly handled our evening with aplomb! I am amazed at how the servers have to squeeze by each other while tending their tables. The aisles are a bit tight, so it made for some Close Encounters of the Food Kind.

We started out with the Guacamame 'snack': Edamame, chickpeas, avocado, salsa roja and chips. It was a flavorful combo of color and taste.

I got the Sopa de Leon: a soup with chicken, chorizo, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and Manchego cheese. (Manchego is a rich, creamy sheep's milk cheese that comes from the La Mancha region of Spain). The soup was delightful, I really enjoyed it.

Babelicious ordered the Duck Confit Salad as her entree. Unfortunately, she did not care for this dish. She felt it was too greasy and heavy. The duck was fairly tough. Thankfully, Carlo was VERY sympathetic and offered an exchange item. She opted for a swordfish entree that she throughly enjoyed.

I chose to dive into the Guava BBQ Ribs. These are ribs sauced with a Malta-guava bbq, with a side of cucumber sunomono. (A sunomono is a vinegar-based Japanese dish). Eating these ribs is a very tactile act, so pick 'em up and go for it! What a great rush of Guava gusto and lip smacking zing!

While you're busy twirling your utensils the fun is all around you. Whether watching the Server Squeeze(described earlier), or a twirling team of Flamenco dancers, or eye spying artwork everywhere. If you're not entertained and lifted, check your pulse please.

This Cafe is a sure hit! Be prepared for a bit of cacophony(joyful noise), seismic movement and good food!

Date of visit: December 2016