“Traditional BBQ Texas Style” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cecil's Texas Style Bar-b-q
Ranked #821 of 3,749 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“Traditional BBQ Texas Style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great food at a great price. When you first drive-up you know you are at a traditional BBQ place and when you enter you feel right at home. You get a friendly greeting from the meat cutter as you walk in and he takes the time to not only say hello but help you with the selections offered. From there, you proceed through the selection line and then into the main dining area which has Texas style decor and seating.

I am not sure which is better; the food or the customer service. The food is always better when the restaruants employees make you feel welcome and in Cecil's they appreciate your business.

As for food, I got the pulled pork and would do it again. My friend got the beef brisket - and he would repeat with the same.

CarolynInCT
“GET TO CECIL'S NOWWWWW!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I went here because my boss was taking me to lunch. Let me start by saying that I don't really care for BBQ. However, it's a free lunch so I can't argue.

Since my boss took me here for lunch about a month ago-I've been back THREE MORE TIMES. The beef brisket sandwich on texas toast is PHENOMENAL! I put some coleslaw on it and get a side of greens and I'm in heaven. It's a little pricey but you get what you pay for. The service is ALWAYS great. I usually see the same people working here from cutting meat to the register-always very nice and they let me try things first.

RUN DON'T WALK TO CECIL'S....worth the drive from anywhere in Orlando.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Last few visits, food was not very good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Tonight, my fiance ordered the half chicken which was most definitely burnt NOT BBQd!! I ordered the pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw and mashd sweet potatoes. Both meets were very dry and tasted disgusting. We will not be going there again!! We went to wendys and got a hamburger and the hamburger tasted like a steak compared to the meat we had at cecils.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Downright Texas Style BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

On my way out of Orlando I spotted the "Texas Style BBQ" sign; well being from Texas, this conjured up a craving for some good BBQ so I stopped in.

From the moment I walked in the door this place made me feel like I was right back at home. A counter style ordering where you order your meats right from the cook and then round the corner to chose your favorite sides and toss them on your plate. Pay the bill then head to the condiment bar and choose you desired BBQ sauce among other things. Then have a seat in the rustic atmosphere that has that sweet smokey smell of BBQ and enjoy.

And enjoy I did! The beef brisket and polish sausage were simply fantastic!

If you are a fan of good BBQ, do NOT miss this place if you are ever in Orlando, just south of downtown at 2800 South Orange Ave.

• Visited August 2013
Hernando, Mississippi
“Not quite Memphis BBQ but still very good!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I live in Memphis so it is hard to impress me with BBQ but I must say that this BBQ was very good. The meat was tender and juicy and the cole slaw and beans were great too. I ordered the lunch special which was suppose to be $8 and somehow it ended up being $13. The only thing I changed was I up sized my drink. That is the only complaint I have about this place. I will eat there again for sure but will definitely ask questions about menu.

• Visited July 2013