“2nd time”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Charley’s Steak House is named after Talk of the Town Restaurant Group’s founder and Red Lobster’s co-founder, Charley Woodsby. Since its inception, Charley’s Steak House has prided itself on being a traditional steakhouse and creating a unique dining experience unsurpassed in the hospitality industry. After selling Red Lobster to General Mills in 1970, Charley and his son Ron Woodsby developed Talk of the Town Restaurants – the corporate parent to Charley’s Steak House. Over the years the Woodsby’s have become “beef aficionados” with a steadfast formula for success: feature only USDA Prime & Choice beef, age on-site for 4 to 6 weeks, and have management cut meat daily and season for 30 hours to create distinctive flavor. The steak is then flame-grilled over a 1200° open pit, fueled with a combination of Florida citrus & oak wood. This carefully monitored process provides for quality, tenderness and a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley’s to the ultimate steakhouse experience.
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Returned after 8 years.
Great salad and bread,
Steaks cooked well and tasty
Lovely bottle of red.
Expensive really for what we ordered.
Waitress pleasant enough untill we were paying.
Wanted a bigger tip and went on to inform us on her hourly rate.
Spoilt it really.

Date of visit: July 2016
Michael V, General Manager at Charley's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Deb,

I am thrilled to know your food and wine was great and you enjoyed it! However I am truly sorry that our server mentioned that to you. I would love to speak to you in greater detail regarding the situation. Please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience at MVenutolo@tottrg.com or 407-363-0228.

Best regards,

Michael Venutolo II

Write a reviewReviews (3,090)

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Visited Charley's based on a recommendation from a family friend and for a special meal with the family to celebrate 6 year wedding anniversary.

First of all the service was the best we have experienced during our holiday in Florida. Jane was very welcoming and knew her stuff about steaks and cocktail recommendations. Glasses were never empty and she was regularly at the table to make sure we were having a good time. Also, when we told her that we had planned two days in Miami, turns out Jane lived there for 25 years and she gave us some great recommendations for things to do and a wee itinerary for our stay.

The food!! Hands down the best steak I have eaten (and we've been to Gordon Ramsey's steak restaurant in London too). Perfectly cooked to order for the whole table of 7 and the sides of mash, bacon & cheese mash and veg were tremendous. Even the wedge salad was fantastic.

It's not the cheapest place to eat but you get what you pay for at Charley's and it was a special occasion so we were more than happy paying the bill.

Fantastic service.

Fantastic food.

Go to Charley's.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

You can get good steaks all over US but this is the best steaks I've ever had. Man they taste good. We were in Orlando for business and had dinner here 2 days in a row. Staff is ok but works like machines so the personal feeling is missing but it's understandable since the restaurant is very very busy. Make sure too book a table.

Date of visit: July 2016
Michael V, General Manager at Charley's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Elias,
I am so glad you enjoyed your meal! I do however apologize for the "robotic" feel of our staff. That is not our goal as we want everyone to have the attention they deserve. If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to reach out to me at the information below.

MVenutolo@tottrg.com
407-363-0228

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2016

My husband and myself visited Charley's Steakhouse a couple of days ago...Let me begin by saying that my family is in the cattle business, so I have eaten my fair share of steak. I was amazed with the quick service and the super attentive wait staff.

We shared the Surf & Turf for 2. It consisted of a 50oz. Porterhouse and a 1lb. Lobster tail. We ordered our steak rare and it was pure perfection!!! The lobster was terrific also, the texture and flavor were spot on. I had a cocktail from the bar and again...even the drink was delicious! We will definitely be back! Our server was "Earleen," she was exceptional!

Shane,

Thank you for the kind words. I will make certain to recognize Erleen for the service she provided. If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to reach out to me at the information below.

MVenutolo@tottrg.com
407-363-0228

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

The food was exquisite. Service was awesome. My recommendation is to see Maura!!!! She was great to point out everything that had peanut oil as an ingredient. My wife is allergic to peanuts and was unable to eat the wonderful fried gator. She brought a even better lobster bisque for my wife on the house due to picking incorrect appetizers. The lamb was perfectly done and the wife's salmon was delicious. There is a reason when they answer the phone and say Charley's top ten restaurant in Florida!!!!