“Hipster Paradise”

Dexter's Thorton Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Dexter's Thorton Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #785 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summerlin
Description: Four locations conveniently located in Winter Park, Windermere, Thornton Park, and Lake Mary. Since 1984 Dexter's chefs have used only the freshest and locally sourced ingredients to prepare our creative cuisine. For wine enthusiasts you'll find our selection of wines from around the world to be extensive and very reasonably priced.
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Located in the heart of one of Orlando's up and coming districts, Thornton Park. This restaurant provides out door seating and interior decor from some of the area's talented artists. The staff is friendly and conversational. They do not treat you like a number and don't take your choice to dine there for granted! Order a 'Tooker'...You won't be disappointed

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a wonderful breakfast here (around 9am): homemade corned beef hash and Dexter's Benedict. Come hungry - the portions are large. We were traveling, so we couldn't take the leftovers with us. The food was delicious and the service was great. If we are in the area again, we will definitely return. Highly recommended. Enjoy!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

On the last day of a week-long Kissimmee/Orlando family reunion, we chose Dexter’s of Thornton Park (based on TripAdvisor reviews) as our Sunday brunch spot before the 10 of us tearfully said good-bye at the Orlando Airport. No restaurant could have more fully met our needs.

We knew we had a hit on our hands when we entered the Thornton Park neighborhood – a little older but gracious, vibrant and teeming with diversity. The line outside Dexter’s spilled into the street but the desk team happily honored our reservation even though we were 10 minutes tardy (Dexter’s staff called us to confirm that morning which made our table “golden”).

Our waiter, Jared, immediately appeared to take drink orders (it is legal to serve alcohol in Florida on Sunday before noon), which were legion. Their Perfect Bloody Mary is, indeed, perfect, but their wide variety of mimosas is beyond compare.

Between us, we sampled “Construct Your Own Omelette,” the “Denver Frittata,” the “Waffle & Fried Chicken with Peach Jam,” the “Mahi and Grits,” their take on Eggs Benedict (the eggs were still quivering when presented), and the kids’ mac & cheese and pasta-with-red-sauce. Every bite in our mouths was delicious – truly, delicious.

All of those compliments being said, their Potato Cakes are beyond compare. A better use for potatoes has never been invented than Dexter’s Potato Cakes. They’re presented with a lightly flavored sour cream and sprinkled with chopped scallions. I could eat them twice daily for the rest of my life.

This restaurant is noisy, but when tons of people are thoroughly enjoying themselves it should be noisy. Service was prompt and friendly, the food and drink were divine (don’t forget the Potato Cakes), and the prices were more than reasonable. Parking is difficult, but this restaurant is worth it. Heck, put on your roller skates or get out your pogo stick – just go to Dexter’s NOW!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We went here for Sunday brunch. Our server was engaging and accurate. I ordered Dexter's Benedict and a peach mimosa. It was scrumptious! Everything on my plate was perfectly cooked and the presentation was beautiful. This was a very nice experience. There was calming music and interesting art on the walls we enjoyed. My friends ordered the frittata and Mahi w/ grits. We all enjoyed our food and drinks. I would return here.

1  Thank Danielle N
Reviewed 4 January 2014

A nice surprise! I met up with a friend and discovered this area of Thornton Park. Really enjoyed the atmosphere, the place was buzzing for lunch on a Monday. I ordered one of my favorites, the Spicy Chicken Pad Thai, and I think it was the best I have ever had. Really good and I will be going back to try their other place in Winter Garden for this same dish. Big thumbs up!

1  Thank Jeans S