“Overrated”

Dexter's Thorton Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Dexter's Thorton Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #561 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, View, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summerlin
Description: Four locations conveniently located in Winter Park, Windermere, Thornton Park, and Lake Mary. Since 1984 Dexter's chefs have used only the freshest and locally sourced ingredients to prepare our creative cuisine. For wine enthusiasts you'll find our selection of wines from around the world to be extensive and very reasonably priced.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Ordered two appetizers (calamary & empanadas), horrible. The type of food you buy in the frozen section at Walmart, just twice more expensive. The drinks were really bad as well, the mojitos had 2-3 leaves of mint in each glass, overloaded with ice every time, and the mango martini I ordered was plain. The service was really good though. We were sitting outside, and it sucked that there was no music, the ambience would have been better.

2  Thank Alala B

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Definitely one of my favorite downtown hotspots--it's close enough to the 'goings on' downtown, but far enough to avoid the traffic and unsavory sorts of people. Parking can sometimes be tough, but there's usually a spot or two in the lot behind the building. A fair beer selection, good spirits, smaller menu but most everything is good.

1  Thank C0N_BRIO
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I am sad to write this review, but I have to say it as I see it. We were taken to Dexter's by friends after a lovely visit to the museum in Orlando. The food was excellent, the service was excellent and we had had a really good time in this rustic-looking restaurant. All in all, a great experience.

Then, just as we were about to leave, I went to the rest room.

As I was using the facility, a restaurant employee, dressed in kitchen clothing, came out of the toilet and went straight back into the restaurant - WITHOUT WASHING HIS HANDS!!

That always disgusts me wherever it happens, but for a member of the kitchen staff to do it is unforgivable!!

I will qualify this by saying that I don't know if the employee was using the toilet or just changing his clothing, but he certainly flushed .

It was really sad to end what had been a great visit on such a note, but, like I say I have to write an honest review. To narrow it down for the management, we were there in the afternoon, on St Patrick's Day. As we left, it was raining heavily.

Come on, guys. Basic hygiene isn't difficult. Have a word with your staff!!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Located in the heart of one of Orlando's up and coming districts, Thornton Park. This restaurant provides out door seating and interior decor from some of the area's talented artists. The staff is friendly and conversational. They do not treat you like a number and don't take your choice to dine there for granted! Order a 'Tooker'...You won't be disappointed

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a wonderful breakfast here (around 9am): homemade corned beef hash and Dexter's Benedict. Come hungry - the portions are large. We were traveling, so we couldn't take the leftovers with us. The food was delicious and the service was great. If we are in the area again, we will definitely return. Highly recommended. Enjoy!