“Nice reno but the food didn't improve”
Review of Ichiban - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Central / Pine
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The new look is impressive and cool. Unfortunately, not enough attention is paid to the food. The menu is the same, which is fine. The problem isn't inadequate choice. It that the choices just don't seem to be executed very well. We have tried the restaurant half a dozen times over the past few years, hoping to find something great. Instead, everything is just okay. Pan fried dumplings are steamed and soggy. They admit they do not pan fry them. The tempura is underdone. The teriyaki is tasteless. The sushi is small and the miso soup is unremarkable. Skip it. Go to Amura down the street. Much better food. More crowded and no wonder.

1  Thank BILLNAPRIL

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband loved the food here, but he likes buffets. They have a huge assortment of sushi and seafood. I am not big on seafood, so for me it was a little disappointing. I really didn't like the food, but the service was good. So this is a mixed review...a thumbs up from my hubby and a thumbs down from me. Tip: all the local ads carry coupons for this place.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

My family has been to Ichiban Japanese Restaurant, Orlando, numerous times over the years and have been very happy with the quality of food & service until the new owners took over. The new owners keep cutting back and cutting back until now they serve a very small portion of steak, chicken or shrimp with a small dollop of rice on the side and 1 broccoli spear (No joke). They use to serve both soup and salad with their dinners but now serve a very small portion of one or the other with their high priced dinner. I suggest that you go for lunch or the happy hour priced dinner rather then their expensive small portion Dinner..

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I didnt like that alot of the sea food was close to the non-seafood. I dont eat seafood and hated to see shrimp and crawfish next to chicken and frog legs too. ew. but the food was soooo good and fresh.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I have been to Ichiban a couple times and I've never had bad service or terrible food.

The location is awesome if you want to grab dinner before going out. Also, the happy hour is great!

I was here with a group of about 12 people and the service was excellent...maybe a little slow but nothing extreme. I had the Mango Saketini and it was fantastic :)! Also I had their Ichiban Soup ( for 2 bucks you can't beat that!) and their Rock n' Roll and Spider Roll. Both were really good, I prefer the Rock n' Roll over the Spider...the Spider was a bit bland. Nevertheless I enjoyed both items.

Overall, everybody was satisfied with their food and the service did not disappoint.

1  Thank Diana G