“Fantasmic Dinner Package”

Ranked #205 of 3,896 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Delight in traditional Italian cooking with contemporary flavors at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano—a colorful, casual and family-friendly restaurant located in the heart of the backlot at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. Here, you'll take in the sights of Mama's favorite Hollywood memories as you savor the sumptuous aromas and flavors of Italy.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We (4 adults and 2 kids) ate here as part of the Fantasmic Package so we'd get priority seating for the evening show of Fantasmic. Set price meal - 3 courses and soft drinks. Great menu options, food was good and service friendly and helpful.

The only thing is that the layout lends itself to the noice level being quite high. Not annoying but could just sometimes be difficult to hear ourselves.

2  Thank Emma W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,159)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We walked right into Mama Melrose's without a dinner reservation! Probably because we opted to miss the fireworks.
This is a nice place. Kind of hidden behind the Muppets 3-D ride.
The kids pizza was a good size and my nephew remarked, "It's not even too hot!"
I had the salad with artichoke hearts and was a little disappointed by the size you get for the price, buy hey, it's Disney. Other than that the meal was good and service was great.

2  Thank Kimberly T
Reviewed 12 July 2014

If you go to Hollywood Studios you must go here. The Calamari is out of this world that my whole family loves. The Chicken Parm is the best I have had from any place outside of New York. The food is great and the portions are big. Anytime we go to Hollywood Studios we go here.

1  Thank Scott J
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My Family and I went to Mama Melrose's on July 3rd for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. It was a great meal. Since we had the package we had three courses of food. I however had about 5 courses between finishing my own food and sharing with my Wife and Daughter. We started off with the Crispy Calamari for me and my Wife had the Mussells Marinara my daughter had Ceaser Salad. The Crispy Calamari had a great breading on it and was spiced really nice and it came with two sauces an olive oil sauce and a Pesto (really good) and Lemon wedge. The Mussells my wife had with the spicy broth and roasted Red Peppers and Onions was amazing. For main course I had the Charred Strip Steak. I really liked the sauce topping it had but I cannot remember what type of cheese base it was. I had ordered it well done and it was cooked perfectly. My wife had the Shrimp Campanella. I tried a small piece of the pasta and it was cooked well was not tough. My daughter had the Penne Alla Vodka with Grilled Chicken. I tried some of this and preferred the Panchetta used in the sauce over having the chicken in it. The dessert course being served family style was good. The fruit tart was my wife's favorite I liked the raspberry tart and chocolate mousse. My daughter loved the Cappucino cream puffs. Our Server was Todd and he was on point quick with refills being patient as my wife and daughter tried to make their decisions on their entrees. Overall: I would eat here again and again if the meals come out this well. However having the Fantasmic Package we got rained out so Hollywood Studios only showed a short version of the show.

2  Thank bigmick318
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We selected the lunch option at Mama Melrose's for our Fantasmic! dining package. Our server was the highlight of the meal! Don't get me wrong, the food was good but our server was charming and funny. He was also very knowledgeable about the park and gave us several pointers on things to do/see. I ordered the most expensive entree - the Charred Strip Steak ($29.99 value!) - and it was included in our package! Definitely worth the price. The dessert, however, was not great.

2  Thank Lacey V