“One of our must do's while at Disney”

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #204 of 3,894 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Delight in traditional Italian cooking with contemporary flavors at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano—a colorful, casual and family-friendly restaurant located in the heart of the backlot at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. Here, you'll take in the sights of Mama's favorite Hollywood memories as you savor the sumptuous aromas and flavors of Italy.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Every trip to Hollywood Studios requires a stop at Mama Melrose's for a delicious Italian dinner. I always get the same thing... Penne Alla Vodka with shrimp! I liked it so much the first time we dined at Mama Melrose's that I haven't tried anything else. We've always had a reservation and we've never waited more than 5 mins. Service is usually very good... we did have one server one night that wasn't great but that was an exception. The atmosphere is very cute... checkered table cloths and you can smell the wood burning oven. If you're in Hollywood Studios I would highly recommend Mama Melrose's!!

2  Thank Desiree618
Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We made a reservation in advance and were seated quickly.
The dining area is cosy with a nice feel.
The menu consists of your traditional Italian fayre with a good choice - we opted for a pasta dish and two flat breads.
Our meal was served relatively quickly and we all enjoyed the food.
One slight concern - i ordered a mojito (alcoholic) and our son a nojito (non-alcoholic). The waiter gave us them the wrong was round - despite me questioning him once I had had an initial sip he told us the alcoholic one was the non-alcholic! He returned 5 minutes later to say that the bar tender had muddled them up.......

1  Thank SleeplessInDundee
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We ate at this restaurant as part of our Disney Dining Plan and Fantasmic Dinner package. The service was great, but the foods are not so kid-friendly. It's menu is geared more for upper scale adults. My children ages 10 & 12 and under the Disney Dining Plan they are given adult size meals. We all thought the portions were huge and had lots of wasted left overs. No one in my family liked the desserts and they didn't have much of a dessert menu. We ended up just "tasting" the desserts and ended up getting goodies at the Fantasmic show!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We (4 adults and 2 kids) ate here as part of the Fantasmic Package so we'd get priority seating for the evening show of Fantasmic. Set price meal - 3 courses and soft drinks. Great menu options, food was good and service friendly and helpful.

The only thing is that the layout lends itself to the noice level being quite high. Not annoying but could just sometimes be difficult to hear ourselves.

2  Thank Emma W
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We walked right into Mama Melrose's without a dinner reservation! Probably because we opted to miss the fireworks.
This is a nice place. Kind of hidden behind the Muppets 3-D ride.
The kids pizza was a good size and my nephew remarked, "It's not even too hot!"
I had the salad with artichoke hearts and was a little disappointed by the size you get for the price, buy hey, it's Disney. Other than that the meal was good and service was great.

2  Thank Kimberly T